It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

Daisy54 HB User
Exclamation Diverticulitis + bladder pain Newbie

Hi a few weeks ago I had pressure in my bladder with major pain. I thought it was a bladder infection but nothing showed up. My doctor said that it sounds like diverticulitis, I had bloating, nausea and bladder pain, which felt like pressure on my bladder, it really hurt...more than the pain I get with Ankoylzing Spondylitis. The pain lasted for about five days and subsided, I'm thinking that its because I basicly stopped eating...the next day after the pain eased I had diaharea, which I don't normally get. The doctor put me on Cipro which seemed to help fairly quickly. Since then I've been taking Metamucil and getting my appetite back...
I noticed today that the left side of my back is hurting and I'm feeling some burning in my bladder, could this be the diverticulitis coming back? And does anyone else get bladder pain? The doctor said the bladder is so close to the sigmoind colon that if the colon is inflamed it could effect the bladder?? I normally take t3's for pain but now I'm worried that its consitpating and I can't take anti-inflammatories because my kidneys are affected. Any suggestions in this area?

Old 08-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: Diverticulitis + bladder pain Newbie

Did you have a CT scan/colonoscopy done to see if you actually have diverticulitis? You need to get this checked out, diverticulitis is serious business and if you're still in pain, it needs to be treated properly! Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
(female)

Zimm HB User
Re: Diverticulitis + bladder pain Newbie

I have been having the exact problem. It feels like a Bladder infection and the pain goes across the bottom of my abdomen and gets pretty bad sometimes,it even goes into the Vaginal area. I had been thinking perhaps it was because I have problems with Constipation,but even when I clean out the pain stays. The bloating comes and goes along with the nausea. Anyone with any help,we would love to hear from.THANKS!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
diverticulitis