It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

Impalalala HB User
I am scared out of my mind right now because I can't relieve myself.

I am going to try to make this as brief as possible, but I'm afraid there really isn't anything I can do to make it less graphic. I have to explain and that is what I plan on doing.

First of all, I am a seventeen year old female that is, for the most part, healthy. I don't have allergies to anything that I am aware of (no medications, foods, etc.) but most of the time I really don't eat too healthy. I am overweight--a factor that I am rather scared of, but so far I haven't been successful in losing anything. (If you have any tips, by all means add those in too, if you wouldn't mind!)

For about the past week, or week and a half, I have had difficulty in passing stools. I first noticed it a couple of days ago when the thought just occurred to me, "Hey, I haven't taken care of THAT sort of business in a while." Normally it wouldn't bother me, and for some reason, I'm not sure why this time did, but I felt like it was different.

My "scheduled" BM is usually about every two days or every other day, though I can't remember the last time I had a decent stool. My dietary habits change a lot. It's bad, I know, but I can't change it right now because of personal reasons. Over the past two or three days, I have been having "Constipated diarrhea", something that I have come to recognize is literally hell on Earth. Excuse the term, but it's the truth. I am scared out of my mind and have been crying on and off.

I've tried a lot of things, and my mother just came back with some enemas and embarrassingly enough, pads. It's....stupid, to be so scared of something like this, but I am! I'm afraid my intestines are going to explode and I'm going to die.

There is an extreme pressure in my lower abdomen, but there is pretty much no pain. Not even gas pain. Isn't that bad? At first I considered cancer, but cancer does not spring up as fast as this did. What little defecation I can squeeze out is very small clumps of soft, cocoa colored stool. There is hardly any flatulence, which makes everything that much worse. Another small detail; my poo does not have any odor. Not anymore. In the beginning it did, but now there isn't even that.

I searched every term and search query known to man on Google. I've read about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and looked at symptoms of bowel cancer. I've considered bowel obstructions and, as I said, tumors. I'm terrified. Does ANYBODY have ANY idea what's happening to me?

If you have further questions, please ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: I am scared out of my mind right now because I can't relieve myself.

It sounds like you are constipated, but you may need check with your doctor to make sure that is what is wrong. No person on this forum can diagnose your symptoms and prescribe treatment, and I am not a doctor. What exactly is your diet like? In order to have regular bowel movements you need to get 25-30 grams of fiber along with at least 64 ounces of water to prevent constipation. This means fruits, veggies, flaxseed, for example. Ask your doctor about including a fiber supplement such as Citrucel or Metamucil since many people have difficulty getting enough fiber in their diets. Try not to strain on the toilet, this is sure to cause problems for you later in life! You may need to try a stool softener such as Ducolax or even a laxative such as Milk of Magnesia to get things started. Drinking hot water with lemon juice may help as well as regular exercize to get things started. Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to rufous57 For This Useful Post:
Impalalala (08-17-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: I am scared out of my mind right now because I can't relieve myself.

Two things could be related-the weight gain and the constipation. An underative thyroid could cause both. You might want to get that checked, just to be sure. If it is ok, once you get going again, maybe with the help of a laxative intially, the fiber intake plus water and exercise is super important. Cracklin Oat Bran is a good tasting cereal that can be eaten anytime for a snack and seems to help me.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Impalalala (08-17-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
(female)

Impalalala HB User
Smile Re: I am scared out of my mind right now because I can't relieve myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufous57 View Post
It sounds like you are constipated, but you may need check with your doctor to make sure that is what is wrong. No person on this forum can diagnose your symptoms and prescribe treatment, and I am not a doctor. What exactly is your diet like? In order to have regular bowel movements you need to get 25-30 grams of fiber along with at least 64 ounces of water to prevent constipation. This means fruits, veggies, flaxseed, for example. Ask your doctor about including a fiber supplement such as Citrucel or Metamucil since many people have difficulty getting enough fiber in their diets. Try not to strain on the toilet, this is sure to cause problems for you later in life! You may need to try a stool softener such as Ducolax or even a laxative such as Milk of Magnesia to get things started. Drinking hot water with lemon juice may help as well as regular exercize to get things started. Good luck and let us know how you're doing.
Hi rufous57,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for replying to this thread so quickly. I was beyond terrified last night and have regained some of my sanity come the day after. Turns out, it was just constipation--just a severe case of it. In the end, it was the Milk of Magnesia (that stuff tastes awful, by the way LOL!) that helped the problem and while I'm not 100% right now--I suspect it'll be a while until then--I feel ten times better than I did when I posted this.

In the future, I'll be sure to take the advice you listed above to prevent this awful thing from happening again. Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Tags
irritable bowel symdrome, irritable bowel syndrom repeat multiple movements, pressure in stomach, scared, scared of dying