It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
(male)

tallguy HB User
Blood in stool?

I've had reflux symptoms for a year and a half and seen many doctors who haven't helped at all. I had an upper endoscopy which found only mild inflammation. I've been taking fiber for my narrow stools (not pencil thin) and carafate for my abdomen pain. These have helped me a little

I've had fresh blood in my stool before, but the GI seemed to think I was lying or just stupid.

Since then I have a lot of mucus in my stool, like large wads, sometimes yellow. And today there was a bit of blood in the mucus/stool. It was similar to being at the dentist and spitting with a piece of blood in your spit.

How much blood is worth worrying about? My GI doesn't care about anything I say, and I've seen so many doctors. I am reluctant to get another one and spend hundreds to thousands of dollars again if a little blood is not a concern.

Last edited by tallguy; 08-20-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: Blood in stool?

Are you saying you told your GI you had blood in the stool and he did not test further?? Are you noticing any pain during elimination? I would look to get another opinion, blood in the stool and any change in bowel habits needs to be looked into.

What is your diet like, i.e. any changes in diet? Are you noticing constipation or diarrhea? Are you straining when using the toilet? And are you taking Metamucil or Citrucel for fiber or eating natural fiber from foods in your diet? Blood in the stool could be something as simple as hemmorhoids or anal fissure, but only a doctor can make this determination and rule out something way more serious!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
(male)

tallguy HB User
Re: Blood in stool?

I eat healthy: chicken, fish, greens, fruit, yogurt, potatos, rice. I cut out coffee whenever I have reflux. I've been on a gluten free diet for a few weeks just because I am desperate to figure out my reflux symptoms.

When the reflux started a year and a half ago I lost a lot of weight, and I can't gain it back because I get so bloated so easily.

So even a little blood is concerning? I do find it harder to pass stool as the day goes on, but every morning I pass stool with no problem. I take Psylium Husk in water for fiber.

Closed Thread