It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Isotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB User
J-Pouch and Crohns

Been a while - checking in. I've had a J-Pouch over 20 years now, was feeling worn down last few weeks then oddly couldn't pass much stool....? Very unusual as my life is one big never ending stream of stool.... Got bad enough for an ER visit. Severe stricture at entrance to pouch from terminal ileum. Crohns. After all of these years, Crohns? Or was it misdiagnosed when I was in ER last year, the CT's look almost identical. It really knocked me down too. I've been somewhat undermedicated for months due to that old fear we all have of being too dependent, so I got the worst of both worlds, I didn't take enough to be effective and I take little enough to not need it at all..... Once in the hospital we got me ramped up to a tolerable pain level of 5-6 but it took 2mg IV Dilaudid q2hr and Ativan q6hr to get a grip on it.... Now that I'm out of the hospital I'm back in the pain since I just resumed my 10mg oral Oxymorphone. Gotta make a call tomorrow to adjust upward. As for conversion, my IV Dilaudid intake was equal to 80mg oral Oxymorphone. Any thoughts appreciated.

;-)

Closed Thread