It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

aleyvu HB User
Unhappy Soft stool hurts too?

This happens on occasion... as stated in the title. I have a tendency for constipation problems, so I take those soluble fiber mix drinks every couple days.

But sometimes (and I can't figure out why), soft stool would hurt really badly, and there's some blood on the toilet paper when I'm finished. I tend to get bloody stool very easily; it's understandable when the stool is hard, but why soft too?

Old 09-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User
Re: Soft stool hurts too?

Do you have a hemroid?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

aleyvu HB User

Not that I know of... what are obvious symptoms?

Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyvu View Post
This happens on occasion... as stated in the title. I have a tendency for constipation problems, so I take those soluble fiber mix drinks every couple days.

But sometimes (and I can't figure out why), soft stool would hurt really badly, and there's some blood on the toilet paper when I'm finished. I tend to get bloody stool very easily; it's understandable when the stool is hard, but why soft too?
Anal fissures( little tears in the inside of your rectum)this tends to happen when you strain and force to push hardened stool out when you are very constipated. It feels as though a knife is cutting you up inside your rectum when the stool is trying to pass through. Unfortunately,I know this feeling all too well from years of chronic constipation. One,there is a tear even soft stool huts because it's irritating the tear and re-opens a little when any stool passes through the rectum. Sitz baths help relieve some of the pain.
I had a friend who also had really bad hemorrhoids internal and external and she said that it hurt to move her bowels even when the stool was soft and even after she had surgery for it. The healing process was long and painful. This is very gross I know,but she told me the only way she could have a bowel movement without it being so painful was to have it in a tub of warm water for about 2-3 months after her surgery.
The only way I have found to remedy my chronic constipation problems to make sure that I sit on the toilet every morning even before I take a shower to make sure I move my bowels. I drink lots and lots of water and eat a very high fiber diet 25-30 grams a day. I can't allow myself to go more than 36-48 hours without moving my bowels because if I do then it hurts to go. That is usually because I get too lazy about my daily routine so I end up paying for it big time.

Closed Thread