It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

martha123 HB User
Hemorrhoid banding recovery

It's going to be a month on Monday since I had three internal grade two hemorrhoid bandings. I still feel burning when I have a bowel movement. There is very little blood. Is this normal? I asked my doctor and I guess he was not in a good mood. He told me the only way I will get rid of hemorrhoids was to have my anus removed. WTH type of answer is that? Doesn't he remember that he banded them?

The Following User Says Thank You to martha123 For This Useful Post:
nahidworld (09-20-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Hemorrhoid banding recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha123 View Post
It's going to be a month on Monday since I had three internal grade two hemorrhoid bandings. I still feel burning when I have a bowel movement. There is very little blood. Is this normal? I asked my doctor and I guess he was not in a good mood. He told me the only way I will get rid of hemorrhoids was to have my anus removed. WTH type of answer is that? Doesn't he remember that he banded them?
I have a friend that had her hemorrhoids banded years ago and told me that it took her about 3-4 months to completely heal from the surgery. This is gross,I know,but she told me that the only way she could move her bowels was in tub full of warm water or using a sitz bath. I guess having her anus submerged in the water was very soothing and made it a lot less painful to move her bowels that way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
(female)

martha123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
I have a friend that had her hemorrhoids banded years ago and told me that it took her about 3-4 months to completely heal from the surgery. This is gross,I know,but she told me that the only way she could move her bowels was in tub full of warm water or using a sitz bath. I guess having her anus submerged in the water was very soothing and made it a lot less painful to move her bowels that way.
Thanks for the reply. Banding it's not easy. I feel for your friend. I have to put tons of vaseline.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
(male)

MyBodyHatesMe HB User

I had my hemmies banded 4 years ago, it hurt like hell and a few bands were fired astray which hurt even more, I couldn't sit down properly for months, the only thing that helped were ice packs, the recovery is definitely not easy and I developed a fissure as a result of the banding which added tons more misery and pain, in 2010 I had LIS and Fissurectomy surgery for my fissure and the recovery from that was horrific, now 2 years on from that I'm about 98% better (pain free). Any surgery performed on or in the anus will result in a lot of pain, something I wasn't informed of.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
(female)

martha123 HB User

I called my doctor today about why I'm still bleeding after a month. This is what he said. To give it another week, if it continues to schedule another sig and banding. He said he forgot to tell me that he think one rubber band didn't take well. That sometimes the equipment is deffective. WTH? why didn't he say that to me the day of the procedure? Why now? Why did he put everything was fine in the report he gave me? I'm going to another G.I.

Reply Reply