It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

Suffering in OH HB User
I hate this condition

I suffer from bowel incontenence which is such a hindrance. I'm afraid to go somewhere for fear of leakage. I guess I'm lucky that I am always constipated so only small round pieces come out. When I do have a bowel movement it's alway 1 inch round pebbles. Does anyone else have this problem with the constipation and pellet stools?

Old 10-02-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User
Re: I hate this condition

I was just wondering if you have this condition due to a tear during childbirth? How old are you? It is possible to have an operation to fix this problem, or at least make it slightly better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
(female)

Suffering in OH HB User

I gave birth to two large babies and have had constipation all my life. This is what the doctor said caused this. However, I have little, if any, muscle control and the doctor told me that surgery to correct this would have a 6-week recovery and is not really guaranteed. I know I should be doing those Keigel(sp?) exercises but just can't seem to find the time or honestly remember. I can go for days and days without having a bowel movement. I take Citricel every day. When I do go it's always these grape sized balls.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffering in OH View Post
I gave birth to two large babies and have had constipation all my life. This is what the doctor said caused this. However, I have little, if any, muscle control and the doctor told me that surgery to correct this would have a 6-week recovery and is not really guaranteed. I know I should be doing those Keigel(sp?) exercises but just can't seem to find the time or honestly remember. I can go for days and days without having a bowel movement. I take Citricel every day. When I do go it's always these grape sized balls.
When you take Citrucel you must drink at least 8 oz. of water after taking it. I found it to work better for me by taking 8 oz. water before taking the Citrucel and 8 oz. of water after it. Citrucel should be taken with at least 6 oz. of water mixed with 1 scoop of Citrucel powder at least twice a day. In the morning with breakfast and in the evening with dinner. If you make sure you drink at least 64 oz. of water every day and get 25-30 oz. of fiber in your diet along with taking the citrucel and making time to sit on the toilet every day at the same time to move your bowels,you shouldn't have a problem with constipation. I have found this was the best routine in preventing constipation.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User

If you haven't actually have a tear, then I definitely wouldn't have this "fixed", as I don't think that your problem will be fixed by cutting the muscle and then stitching it back together again. Yes, the recovery will be 6 weeks, but that just means the healing of the wound, not the problem being fixed after 6 weeks.

You must definitely (I mean DEFINITELY) do your kegels everyday, hold your muscle 30 times 10 seconds and then up to 20 seconds. You might need a whole year of daily kegels for your muscle to be strong enough to hold it in. So saying that you don't have time or forget is no excuse. Kegels are the most important investment you can make for your future if you have this problem, so you'd better make the time. It only takes 5-10 minutes a day.
I wish you lots of luck with your problem and definitely agree that operating in your situation will most likely make things worse rather than better. I'd just be happy if I only have a BM every few days, so I wouldn't have to think about the problem for many days. When you do have a BM, take your time on the toilet until it's all out and then you're good to go for the next few days.

Reply Reply