It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
(male)

KuziKat HB User
Pooping problem?

Hi, I have a problem. While it was summer break, I had the freedom to poop whenever I wanted, but when I go hang out, my schedule was so messed up that I would have to hold it till I got back home. I went to camp for 2 weeks and during that time we would wake up at 6:00AM and then walk over to the mess hall at around 7:00. By the time I come back which was 7:30, I would have an urge for a bowel movement. Although when I woke up it would still feel weird and bloaty? The BM would go smoothly and for the rest of the day I would feel comfortable. But for the past month, ever since school started, it was hell. I would wake up around 7:15, freshen up, make lunch. I would eat breakfast by 7:30. I normally drink milk. The whole time after waking up my intestines would feel kinda bloated I guess? And sometimes I would feel urges to go but only gas would come out. Then at 8 I would walk to school. Sometimes I would feel urges too. Then at around 9 30 - 10 I would still have urges and continue until after school which then it dies down. When I get home I wait for an urge but it sometimes doesn't come. So I just go. But when that happens I never really empty my bowels so the rest of the evening I feel like I have to go but I can't. I don't know if its the walking or timing thats making me want to have urges. Is there anyway to make me go right after I wake up at shift my schedule to at night, preferably 10PM?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Pooping problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuziKat View Post
Hi, I have a problem. While it was summer break, I had the freedom to poop whenever I wanted, but when I go hang out, my schedule was so messed up that I would have to hold it till I got back home. I went to camp for 2 weeks and during that time we would wake up at 6:00AM and then walk over to the mess hall at around 7:00. By the time I come back which was 7:30, I would have an urge for a bowel movement. Although when I woke up it would still feel weird and bloaty? The BM would go smoothly and for the rest of the day I would feel comfortable. But for the past month, ever since school started, it was hell. I would wake up around 7:15, freshen up, make lunch. I would eat breakfast by 7:30. I normally drink milk. The whole time after waking up my intestines would feel kinda bloated I guess? And sometimes I would feel urges to go but only gas would come out. Then at 8 I would walk to school. Sometimes I would feel urges too. Then at around 9 30 - 10 I would still have urges and continue until after school which then it dies down. When I get home I wait for an urge but it sometimes doesn't come. So I just go. But when that happens I never really empty my bowels so the rest of the evening I feel like I have to go but I can't. I don't know if its the walking or timing thats making me want to have urges. Is there anyway to make me go right after I wake up at shift my schedule to at night, preferably 10PM?
Your natural bio-rhythmn is in the morning around 7:30am so try to stay on that schedule. when you first wake up at 7:15 am try drinking a warm glass of water 8 oz.eat your breakfast with some dietary fat and some fiber in it,make your lunch and by the time you do all this then you should get an urge to go and then go. You can make your body change the time you move your bowels but it takes time,commitment and patience. It can take up to 2 weeks to change your schedule as to when you move your bowels. This means you are going to have to sit on the toilet for at least 30 minutes each night at the same time to try to move your bowels. The easiest way to do this is by eating something and drink something about 30 minutes before you want to move your bowels. Coffee or tea,or glass of warm water and something to eat with considerable amount of fat in it. This helps kick in what is called gastro colic reflex(colon contractions that give you the urge to move your bowels.)Even taking a short brisk walk can help to kick in the colon contractions.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
(male)

KuziKat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
Your natural bio-rhythmn is in the morning around 7:30am so try to stay on that schedule. when you first wake up at 7:15 am try drinking a warm glass of water 8 oz.eat your breakfast with some dietary fat and some fiber in it,make your lunch and by the time you do all this then you should get an urge to go and then go. You can make your body change the time you move your bowels but it takes time,commitment and patience. It can take up to 2 weeks to change your schedule as to when you move your bowels. This means you are going to have to sit on the toilet for at least 30 minutes each night at the same time to try to move your bowels. The easiest way to do this is by eating something and drink something about 30 minutes before you want to move your bowels. Coffee or tea,or glass of warm water and something to eat with considerable amount of fat in it. This helps kick in what is called gastro colic reflex(colon contractions that give you the urge to move your bowels.)Even taking a short brisk walk can help to kick in the colon contractions.
Thank you so much! I'll try your suggestions!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

There is a normal reflex in the bowel called gastro-colic reflex that creates the urge to go about 1/2 hr after a meal. Since you have to walk to school at 8:00, right when your reflex may be working after a 7:30 breakfast, I would try getting up a little earlier and eating at 7:00 or 7:15 at latest, so you have an extra 15 minutes to sit on pot, relax, and go before school. It is much harder to shift your natural BM time to 12 hr later in day. If you ignore the urge to go, the rectum desensitizes to the pressure and you become constipated, which makes the whole process more of a problem.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
(male)

KuziKat HB User

The thing is, when I have the urge to go in the morning, nothing will come out, it's like i'm constipated. When come back home I go but after i'm down an hour later I don't feel urges but I always feel like sometimes there especially when I go to sleep I keep feeling like I need to go but I can't. I feel constant rectal pressure. When I do feel urges after the first poop when I come back, sometimes I am able to go but little comes out.

EDIT: Today is saturday so I am all day home. I woke up at 1:15PM and ate lunch at 1:45, I'm been having like mini urges but not exactly urges for me to go but when I go its just gas.

Last edited by KuziKat; 10-06-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Reply Reply