It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
(male)

uber1234 HB User
Thin/flat stool, black bits in stools, black water with the stool, etc

Yo i'm 17 years old male that is severely worried about cancer. So far ive been experiencing many symptons of it and it troubles me, im also terribly hypochondric and my moms a schitszhohrenic.

Thorough the summer, ive been experiencing feeling that bowel doesnt empty well enough when taking the dump.

now just like 1 month ago , i had terrible stomach pain for like 5-10 mins, and during 4 days after that i had waves of pain every hour or something, the pain lasted like 5 sec. Then the pain went away, but during i got anxious and started googling, payed attention to my stool being thin, and that time i started experience pressure in my rectum, constant pressure to this day almost, not usually at morning, starts after taking dumb. now for like month ive been also experiencing alot gas, many times it feels the gas moves really slow in the intestines and i need to push it out. Everytime i have bowel movement it is thin or flat, floating, or small pieces, has black bits in it and black water surrounds the stool, the stool itself is normal brown color. only few days during this month ive had full banana size normal looking stool, but usually after that i get those usual ones again :L

Could this be cancer? ive scheduled a doctor for next week, but i cant help myself worrying, im super anxious of death. Can any1 state any other possible causes for all this just for that id feel better?

Last edited by uber1234; 10-05-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
(male)

uber1234 HB User
Re: Thin/flat stool, black bits in stools, black water with the stool, etc

i havent noticed any fatigue or being tired, nausea at evening when i lay down tho but i guess thats something else, never had that either tho, ive always been skinny so cant say if i would have lost weight or not

Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
Your symptoms sound just like IBS, I have it myself. Ribbon-Like thin stools are typical of this.
Gas and a sense of movement in the intestines is also typical as is alternating bowel movements eg, Diareah/Constipation.
Unfortunately there is not much help for IBS apart from antispasmodic pain relief. I manage mine quite well with watching my diet. You will find many diets for IBS online.
You are doing right in seeing your Dr as IBS should be diagnosed by a Dr when all other tests prove ok,

Solofelix.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
(male)

uber1234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi,
Your symptoms sound just like IBS, I have it myself. Ribbon-Like thin stools are typical of this.
Gas and a sense of movement in the intestines is also typical as is alternating bowel movements eg, Diareah/Constipation.
Unfortunately there is not much help for IBS apart from antispasmodic pain relief. I manage mine quite well with watching my diet. You will find many diets for IBS online.
You are doing right in seeing your Dr as IBS should be diagnosed by a Dr when all other tests prove ok,

Solofelix.
is that black water in the toilet and black bits in stool part of ibs too? ive been reading alot and i highly doubt, but then again cancer feature is stated consistent black stools, which i dont have, where is that black water from then?

Old 10-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber1234 View Post
is that black water in the toilet and black bits in stool part of ibs too? ive been reading alot and i highly doubt, but then again cancer feature is stated consistent black stools, which i dont have, where is that black water from then?

Could be from something you are eating.
As you are seeing your Dr hopefully he will have an answer,

Solofelix.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:19 AM   #6
(male)

uber1234 HB User

k ty but could more ppl reply

Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
(male)

uber1234 HB User

bump, any1 who knows about the issue could provide more reasons than ibs cause that black thing aint part of ibs, and i have it constantly

Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I would wonder if you have a bleeding ulcer in your stomach causing the nausea and black stools. Blood coming from high in GI tract can cause stools to be black. I would ask your Dr to do a stool check for blood. This has nothing to do with cancer and can be treated with medicine. You are not in the age group affected by GI cancers. That usually occurs in the middle aged and elderly. All the worrying about this could have caused an ulcer though. It is good you are seeing your Dr.

Last edited by ladybud; 10-07-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Typo

Old 10-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,
Do you have any pain or pressure sensation between the rib and bellybutton area because this along with your symptoms could point to a duodenal ulcer.
Like the previous writer said that form of cancer is most unlikely in someone your age.
I have had two ulcers and they are treatable, mine caused bleeding through my mouth but it can occur the other end which can show up like dark coffee grains and would make your water look black.
Your Dr will know what to look for.
Hope this helps,

Solofelix.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
(male)

uber1234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi,
Do you have any pain or pressure sensation between the rib and bellybutton area because this along with your symptoms could point to a duodenal ulcer.
Like the previous writer said that form of cancer is most unlikely in someone your age.
I have had two ulcers and they are treatable, mine caused bleeding through my mouth but it can occur the other end which can show up like dark coffee grains and would make your water look black.
Your Dr will know what to look for.
Hope this helps,

Solofelix.
not really :l guess ive experienced all sorts of chest pains now when worrying, but couldnt say anything specific

if its ulcer have i had it for too long :8 do u think it might be too bad, and is ulcer only possiblity? aint there like celiac disease and stuff that makes such symptons too

and the constant thin stools also, feeling that bowel doesnt empty, anal pressure? so ur saying i have IBS and ulcer... matchin em would mean cancer symptons, and cancer doesnt have pains, i dont have pains, and ive read about some ppl under age 20 without family history even getting colon cancer

Also, The stool which itself is normal healthy color, brownish, coloring the water black, is something ive never heard of or found info about on internet? what is that

Last edited by uber1234; 10-07-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:53 AM   #11
(male)

uber1234 HB User

Basic, doctor putted me through some liver / gallbladder tests and hepatitis and they were fine, almost completely ignoring the fact that always everytime water around my poo turns black, he said it could be blood by hemorrhoids, is it possible that hemorrhoids can cause black blood with your stool? i mean the stools arent black but some black color from the colors the toilet water

Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Blood from hemorrhoids is bright red. Black stools can be from taking iron supplements or blood high in the GI tract like stomach. I would ask your Dr to check your stools for blood, and if present, a scope of stomach should be done to look for source of bleeding.

Last edited by ladybud; 10-15-2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: typo

Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #13
(male)

uber1234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
Blood from hemorrhoids is bright red. Black stools can be from taking iron supplements or blood high in the GI tract like stomach. I would ask your Dr to check your stools for blood, and if present, a scope of stomach should be done to look for source of bleeding.
the stools are not black. they are normal color, but water around the stools in toilet turns black, not the kind black like u cant see anything but black anyways, he said thats probably caused by hemorrhoids, dont doctors know? I mean you understand, it just feels so embarassing and stupid to go back to doctor after ive told him all i can, he gave me some hemorrhoids sticks to put into my *** i will try those first and if they wont remove the "blackness" then ill call him again

I read that its possible for rectal bleeding to cause such aswell

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
(male)

uber1234 HB User

bump.....some1 answer plz

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:54 AM   #15
(male)

uber1234 HB User

alright so doctor put me ona blood test from stool, just one, it turned out to be negative, but i didnt have that black water surrounding stool when i took the dumb that day when i did the test....is the test reliable? i heard u should take 3 tests

but ye generally my hemoglobin count is 144 aka healthy, and stuff, no change in bowel habit and stools have became big again not thin. not tired or anything, no weight loss etc basically no other cancer symptoms i guess

should i continue to worry, ask the doctor for 2 more tests as its supposed or what do you think?

Reply Reply