It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
(male)

Burkie87 HB User
Constipation, but no discomfort

I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue I've been having. I'm 25 and for the last 5 days or so, I've been finding it very difficult to pass stool. I'm not even sure I can call it constipation, because I am able to produce something most of the time, although only with a great deal of time and effort and not in as large a quantity as I'm used to. (I am conscious of the fact that since I've had this problem I've been trying to go more often to try and force some out which may be why I sometimes can't produce anything)

I'm always sure to check on the state of the stool I do produce and there is no blood on it or on the paper when I wipe, and I also don't feel any of the discomfort that I'd associate with constipation (no stomach pains or any unusual discomfort at all), it's just taking a lot of effort to produce a stool.

I had a similar problem a little while back but it cleared up after a few days and everything returned to normal, and while things have been easier in the last day or so (especially in the mornings) it still seems more laboured than usual.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be as its starting to play on my mind and concern me somewhat.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Constipation, but no discomfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkie87 View Post
I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue I've been having. I'm 25 and for the last 5 days or so, I've been finding it very difficult to pass stool. I'm not even sure I can call it constipation, because I am able to produce something most of the time, although only with a great deal of time and effort and not in as large a quantity as I'm used to. (I am conscious of the fact that since I've had this problem I've been trying to go more often to try and force some out which may be why I sometimes can't produce anything)

I'm always sure to check on the state of the stool I do produce and there is no blood on it or on the paper when I wipe, and I also don't feel any of the discomfort that I'd associate with constipation (no stomach pains or any unusual discomfort at all), it's just taking a lot of effort to produce a stool.

I had a similar problem a little while back but it cleared up after a few days and everything returned to normal, and while things have been easier in the last day or so (especially in the mornings) it still seems more laboured than usual.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be as its starting to play on my mind and concern me somewhat.
Try drinking more water and slowly adding more fiber to your daily diet. Pears,plums,prunes,peaches all fresh help add fiber to your diet. Eating a bowl of oatmeal with ground flax seed added to it every day will also help. Giving yourself enough every day to sit on the toilet to move your bowels will help to keep you regular.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
(male)

Burkie87 HB User
Re: Constipation, but no discomfort

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm pleased to report that the constipation cleared up towards the end of last week and my bowel movements have been pretty normal since then.

However, there now seems to be another issue. Since about Friday I've noticed a feeling of tightness in my groin. I wouldn't call it a pain, just more of a dull irritation that I'm aware is there. At first it seemed to be concentrated around the right hand side of my groin, but it now seems to move around somewhat, sometimes being in the middle, and sometimes more to the left or right.

I'm not sure if this is even the right board for this complaint (if it is t and someone could point me in the direction of a more appropriate board that would be much appreciated) but does anyone have an idea as to what this could be? As I've said, it isnt so much a pain ( and certainly doesn't impede me going about my daily business) as an irritation that I would like to be rid of.

Reply Reply

Tags
bowel, colon, constipation