It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
(male)

giants1983 HB User
Would you really die if you never had a bowel movement?

A friend of mine and i were arguing about this. Lets say that you continued to eat normally but didn't have any BM's. He claims that if you did this you would eventually die and i said that you wouldn't--just feel a bit uncomfortable.

Why exactly would you die if you never had a BM?? What would happen inside of you to cause this?? Please explain.

Thanks

Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 AM   #2
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User
Re: Would you really die if you never had a bowel movement?

Ha ha ha, are you back again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Yes, you would die. Without any place for the food waste to go, your waste (feces) would build up in your intestines. The feces (without moving) would become impacted. The colon would expand and either perforate or die. The waste would enter your bloodstream, the bacteria that's in feces would enter your bloodstream and you would get sepsis and die.

If you had no BM's where would the waste go?? It can't just build up in the body forever. There are portions of food that are not digestible and it has to go somewhere. It can't stay in the body.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

After reading Babygirl's comment about you being back, I went and read your previous posts to see what she meant. This topic has been explained to you thoroughly by others in the past. They already explained how you can die from this. There are some parts of food that cannot be digested, they pass through as waste along with toxins, and things that are not needed or wanted in the body. The body HAS to excrete this to continue life. There is NO way around it. It's not medically possible to live without bowel movements, with the exception of a colostomy, and you better pray you never need that.
At this point it's becoming an obsession, and I suggest you get some mental health for this. You may wish to visit the OCD board as well. I don't think there is any other advice we can offer that hasn't already been said.
Good luck to you.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
(male)

giants1983 HB User

OK, I'm still puzzled to say the least......sorry if i seem annoying, but i'm just trying to grasp this subject.

I guess I am still not sure as to why you would die if you never had a BM? What exactly would happen inside of you to cause death if you never went?

What is so bad that's in feces that would cause you to die from not getting rid of them?

i'm at a loss to understand medically why this would be so bad. Also, if this happened, what would it feel like inside of you? Would it hurt at all or would you not feel much of anything?

Last edited by giants1983; 10-13-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants1983 View Post
OK, I'm still puzzled to say the least......sorry if i seem annoying, but i'm just trying to grasp this subject.

I guess I am still not sure as to why you would die if you never had a BM? What exactly would happen inside of you to cause death if you never went?

What is so bad that's in feces that would cause you to die from not getting rid of them?

i'm at a loss to understand medically why this would be so bad. Also, if this happened, what would it feel like inside of you? Would it hurt at all or would you not feel much of anything?
Toxins build up in the feces and then get absorbed by the colon. Your colon would literally burst and all that feces will enter your body and bloodstream and you will get sepsis and die. Maybeyou should consider taking a anatomy and physiology class at a local community college or adult education classes so that you can understand how the human body functions.

Reply Reply