It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
(female)

Lady221 HB User
Diarrhea for 4 months now

I've had lower left sided cramps and diarrhea for 4 months. If I don't control it with Imodium, I dehydrate and end up in the ER. I've had a CT scan (nothing seen) Two rounds of Metronidozole (I feel better when taking it but it comes back when finished) My Dr thinks it's giardia. My dog had giardia about the same time I started this mess. I'm going in for a sigmoidscope soon and hoping I get some answers. I'm on insulin and when I have a bout like this, I don't even need my insulin. It's like malabsorption (?)
Has anyone had a bacterial infection that just won't go away?

Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
(male)

sesameseed HB Usersesameseed HB User
Re: Diarrhea for 4 months now

I hate saying this but, if all tests have been done by a GP - they'll most likely just tell you it's IBS. But I would go to a different doc and ask for some more ideas. I have a very sensitive stomach, and two years ago I was in the same shoes as you. I had D on and off, mostly 5/7 days of the week for about 2-3months, and my doctor's ran infinite amounts of blood / stool tests. However, I never did any upper/lower endoscopies, and maybe I should have. But one day it just stopped, with that said.. my stomach is still quite sensitive.

Have you been really stressed lately? Maybe a change in lifestyle? How is your diet, have you tried going off some foods and seeing if it gets better? And when you say D, is there any pain involved?? Try googling more about lower left side cramps and D - although im sure you have already. I'm sorry I don't have much to say that can help you, but don't over think it, because ur mind and ur stomach are connected more than u know. I hope the results for ur tests come soon and this all will go away!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: Diarrhea for 4 months now

I think you should be seen by a gastroenterologist. You should have stool samples taken to look for parasites, blood, etc. You should have a complete colonoscopy done with biopsies to look for inflammation. This could be Crohns disease, or colitis, or diverticultits, any number of things. But it definitely needs to be taken seriously, and worked up extensively. 4 months is too long to have diarrhea without finding out if there is something serious going on. Good luck to you!

Reply Reply