It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
(female)

nicolekrissten HB User
3 weeks after colon resection surgery

Hi everyone. Please try and respond if you can... Long story short, three weeks ago yesterday I had 2 feet of colon removed. Afterwards I had hardly any pain. Surgery was required due to twisting and "my colon simply not working". My surgeon found 1 tumor and 12 polyps. None cancerous thank goodness. Anyways, now I have an awful sharp stabbing pain in lower left side of tummy. I have a temp at night. I feel like I did before the surgery. I go into the doctors office in the a.m. but im so worried that I will have to have the rest taken out, maybe the rest has the same problems about not working as the parts that were removed? PLEASE post any similar experiences or insight? I feel alone with this issue. I dont like to complain to family or friends, i get so discouraged and stressed.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

Quark17 HB User
Re: Things I Wish I'd Known About Recovering From Sigmoid Resection

Hang in there! You have done the best thing: Seeing your surgeon. I would be doing you a huge wrong by guessing what may be the issue. It just wouldnt make sense that the rest of your colon would need to come out because of the same issue: Your surgeon looked at the whole colon when he or she was in there! Please follow up and let us know how it went and what your surgeon feels the issue is. Take care!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-26-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply