It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
(male)

Jacman11 HB User
Please Help

i, I would like your opinion on amatter. While I know the ultimate answer to whether one has cancer or not is to see a doctor, I would still like to know your opinions. I am 18 with no family history of cancer, but my mom has IBS.
About a month ago, I had some bright red blood on the toilet paper when I wiped. When I go, I can feel the stool cutting into the anus's walls. I have a history all my life of almost always being somewhat constipated, and having to strain sometimes to go. It continued for about two weeks until I read online that putting vaseline on before you go can help with tears or hemmerhoids. I did, and now every time I put on vaseline there is no blood. But when I do not, there is usually some. Just yesterday I tried no vaseline and there was a little blood.
I have located several extrusions in the anus, somehwat movable, that I believe to be hemmerhoids. They give me no pain, and if this is the case I can continue with home treatment. My question: Has anyone ever heard of colon/rectal/anal cancer bleeding being able to be stopped simply by putting on vaseline?? If that is impossible and these are just hemmerhoids, I would like to continue home treatment as it is a somewhat embarressing topic to discuss with parents. Please advise, and thank you for your time.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
(female)

toepepper HB User
Re: Please Help

I have the same issues all the time. You're right, vaseline does work for the bleeding. I see a little trace of blood almost everyday. I used to freak out but after several colonoscopies and examinations, I'm not stressing about it anymore. I have internal hemmorhoids, I've been told and I guess that's what's causing the problem. You should, although, get checked out and not just assume it's hemmorhoids. I couldn't live without knowing for sure!

There are different treatments available to help with the problem. I've had them all and they last for a little while, and then it's back to the same thing. It's not like it bothers me all day, just a twinge when I have a bowel movement and then I'm fine, so I just live with it. Good luck but make sure that's all it is!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply