It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
(female)

Smoofel HB User
Help! Blood after bowel movement!

Hey, i'm an 18 year old female and at the moment quite worried.

About 5 weeks ago, I had a week where I bloated alot in the evening and had alot of excess wind. Then I noticed a difference in my bowel movements, they weren't "normal" per se, but I wasn't experiencing diarrhoea. I know that may not make sense, but I don't know how to phrase it. I guess, they weren't consistent day to day? After about 5 days of these symptoms, I woke up in the night and I had been bleeding from my anus. Without going to the toilet or anything, then when I did go to the toilet there was even more blood. Obviously I was really alarmed so I had to mention to my parents the problem.

Then it gets more awkward, that morning when I woke up and there was no more rectal bleeding my period kicked it. So when I saw the doctor, she really didn't believe me and asked me to give a stool sample. I never did do it because 2 days later the rectal bleeding had stopped after bowel movements. Plus, starting university which isn't close to the doctors. Didn't want to carry it around. (It was stupid of me, I know)

Now this brings me to the current situation. The exact same thing has happened again. Bloating, gas, change in bowel movements and again this morning rectal bleeding after the bowel movement. I do have a Dr's appointment on Monday but my period started again. I know they won't listen to me, but the bleeding starts on the same day as the womanly problems. (Also, the bleeding i'm talking about is definitely rectal.)

I'm really worried, I have no idea what's wrong. :/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
(male)

sesameseed HB Usersesameseed HB User
Re: Help! Blood after bowel movement!

Hello, I made a similar post just now. I find that the forums isn't very good at coming back with responses. I would call telehealth if your in Canada, if not, go see a doctor as soon as possible to get accessed. Sorry I cannot help you as I am just as confused. But if your getting bleeding without any bowel movements, you should go see a doc. Describe to them the color, the amount, and all those things. I just gave telehealth a call and I was told it is most likely a fissure of some sort. But for me, I have been extremely stressed and had hard bowel movements for 3 days before this happened. So please call your doc, make an appointment and be safe!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

hello i just read your post and you just described me except i only had the rectal bleeding once and it was before my period you could have hemorroids .so you have the feeling like something is stuck in your butt?? thats where i am now and if im laying down it goes away but if i sit or stand it comes back . this just happen this past week and im so uncomfortable ..

Old 11-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
(female)

Smoofel HB User

Sorry about the really late reply. I went to the Dr's when I said was going, and he said that it sounded like Hemorrhoids and prescribed me some suppositories for the rectal bleeding. Which stopped it within a day, very effective!

I don't think the problem has gone away. I get itchiness now, and sometime a feeling of dampness. It kinda does feel like something is up there, but that sometimes goes after a bowel movement and sometimes it doesn't. My Dad reckons I should try a hemorrhoid cream over the counter and then go from there. I have a feeling I may have IBS too, the erratic bowel movements, wind etc. My mum has it, so i'm just thinking.

Reply Reply