It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
(female)

crazgrl HB User
Should I be concerned?

This is very bothersome, but I am willing to "stick it out" if it doesn't sound like it is a serious issue.

For the past several weeks, I have had loose stools. I might just have several a day, but they are from very loose to watery....all what I would consider diarrhea. I have had no pain at all, but do have tiny twinges of nausea. I cannot associate this with anything I have eaten. I can eat rice and bananas, but they have no effect. I have had no normal stools for awhile. One day, I might not go until late in the day and I will hope I will have a more solid movemement, but it is still not normal.

If I had pain, then I would know that surely something is wrong. But the lack of pain is puzzling to me. All of the intestinal bugs and food poisonings involve pain and vomiting. Every other time I have been sick this way, I have had pain.

I am a little tired, but I wonder if it is due to the quick motility.

I do have Hashimoto's (hypothyroid) and I would suspect that I'm a tad on the low side....definitely not hyper. Because of my thyroid, I have often waffled between constipation and looser stools, but nothing ever like this. Early on when this began or beforehand, I did notice a time or two when there were visible globs of mucous in my stool. But I didn't think much of it.

I keep wavering on whether I should consult someone since it is more bothersome than really being sick. I have been super careful with washing my hands in case it is contagious and no one in my household has this problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply