It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
(male)

stayblazed HB User
Exclamation Possible recto-anal intussusception?

One year ago I began having symptoms with my bowel movements. After a bowel movement I wouldn't quite feel done. I could always squeeze out tiny tiny little pieces of feces if I tried hard enough. I have to wipe excessively to get near-clean and even have to dig inside of my anus a little to try to get as clean as possible. There is mucus present on the toilet paper when I wipe. It's sort of clear and a light yellow color. Always present is an uncomfortable feeling I can't really describe somewhere inside my anus, behind it sort of, it's hard to describe. It feels sort of like a runny nose.

About a month ago the symptoms got worse and when I pass gas, I feel the gas being passed from a different hole inside my anus, where the uncomfortable feeling is at. The area where the uncomfortable feeling is at always feels hot and sweaty kind of like a runny nose feeling. There is intermittent lower back pain. And recently, I've began noticing a nasty smell coming from me that I think it mostly unnoticeable throughout the day, but if I'm relaxing, or get a little bit nervous or worked up about something, I'll feel it in that uncomfortable spot get noticeably hotter, and more uncomfortable, and the smell will get strong, strong enough to fill a room even.

I know for a fact the smell is present, it's not some crazy anxiety or whatever. I smell it, people smell it, i've been told to my face that they smell it.

I'm positive this is a physical abnormality that has come about but I have no idea what it is. I'm sure of this because every once in a while, maybe twice a year since sophomore year in high school I would experience these symptoms after a bowel movement. The feeling of incomplete evacuation, and the uncomfortable feeling somewhere up my anus. The symptoms would go away the next day, immediately proceeding the next days bowel movement, so I just thought of it as some normal part of life, never really thought about it.

Fast forward to October of last year. I'm sitting in my room, all of a sudden I have to have a bowel movement. I have my bowel movement and I experience these symptoms. "just one of those episodes" I thought and didn't care too much about it. Just as I thought the next day symptoms went away with the next days bowel movement. But then it happened the next day, and the day after that until eventually the symptoms didn't go away and are now getting worse.

Anybody have any idea of what could be wrong? I'm going to a GI on the 1st of November and I want to know all I can so I can get whatever tests I need done for a diagnosis and so I can be treated as quickly as possible.

Last edited by stayblazed; 10-29-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
(male)

jamiecl HB User
Re: Possible recto-anal intussusception?

Hello man.

I have the exact same symptoms as yourself, down to a tee, the mucus thing is pretty freaky actually. I always have mucus when i wipe on the toilet paper and there is a lot of it at other times. Also get a lot of pain back there and spasming and stuff. Have you seen a doctor yet? Last month i got diagnosed with dyssynergic defecation and have been given a rectal irrigation thing to help me empty myself fully after a bowel movement. Sadly this hasn't helped really with the mucus and the smell(i don't think). I had a defogram done which came back negative for a prolapse but i found it very difficult to push properly while in there so i'm gonna ask for a dynamic mri of the pelvic floor to see if that will get to the bottom of it. What about yourself? Have you been to the doctors and got this sorted yet?

All the best,

Jamie.

Closed Thread