It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

misspeeps HB User
need some advice re: UC diagnosis! please help...!

Hiya
My names Laura and Ive been having problems with my bowels since I was 15 (26 next week) I was first diagnosed with IBS then 4 years later with Ulcerative colitis, then ulcerative proctisis then most recently solitary rectal ulcer syndrome but now they STILL aren't sure whats wrong with me.

I get severe flare ups where I cant stop going to the toilet, bleed alot, in a lot of pain and loose weight/cant eat, feel like I have the flu. Its been going on/off for years. Ive been on all sorts of medication including steriods but at the moment am on 12 tablets of pentasa a day. When they have taken a look with a tube (about 8 times so far) they have only found mild inflamation right at the beginning of my rectum and only one ulcer or so...
When pregnant I lost two and a half stone as was so poorly with the constant flare ups.
I dont seem to get taken seriously and Im at a loss as to what to do or who to go too. I am still under the bowel people care at the hospital but they just dont seem to have a clue whats wrong with me and im exhausted.
I bleed so much, Im in so much pain I cant sleep aswell as being uncomfortable too. I feel like my body has been hit by a train and lately its gotten so bad I feel like Im going to have an accident.

I guess what I want to know...has anyone else had problems like this where they struggle to give a real diagnosis? I need help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply