It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
(male)

Worrywart0511 HB User
Very Worried

Hello,
Going on 3 weeks ago I passed bloody mucus in my stool a few small amounts over the course of an evening..The next morning my stools returned to somewhat normal..then over the course of the weekend I had many small urgent movements with no blood but the colors went from bright green to lighter brown..Finally about 4 days after I passed this mucusy blood I did it again...and returned to normal a short time later...Now almost 2 weeks later I have added better foods to my diet and have had great bowel movements some with a little more mucus than others but each day they are more normal and less frequent...Here is what I am worried most about and that is the fact while these have been my only symptoms I have not had any pain and I have dropped 7-9 pounds over the course of this month...The only thing I have removed from my diet over the last few weeks is beer and I always drank 2-4 a day and 5-10 on the weekend...I am 6ft was 185ish and now close to 177ish..I have high anxiety and have worried sick over this situation since it has happened and was wanting to know can my worry cause weight loss even though I have still had a huge appetite? I have a Colonoscopy sched 2 days from now and I am only 33..Sometimes during the day I cant help but think I am gonna be a goner and other times I am kicking myself for putting myself in this state..any comfort on the weight loss would be great I have no family history of this either..and am fairly atheletic..Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
(female)

AppleJelly HB User
Re: Very Worried

Whenever my own health problems come up I always tell myself not to worry until my team of doctors give me something to worry about, until they do it is nothing and I stay relaxed.

Your weight loss may be explained by the simple fact that you gave up so much beer. You drank quite a few and beer is high in calories. You are also worrying quite a bit, which could also contribute to a bit of weight loss, even though you did not do anything else to your diet. I believe your body also loses weight when it goes through periods of stress and when it is trying to constantly repair itself.

I myself have quite a bit of history with internal hemorrhoids. I have never even felt mine. They cause me no pain, and they do not itch. They do bleed...a lot. That is the only way I know that they are there. The doctor knows that they are there because I have had a scope, and surgery (maybe another one). I am also similar in age as you are (35). You could similarly have something like me. I also have lost weight through my whole ordeal. My coworkers have mentioned it.

You never put yourself into this predicament. It is just something that happened to you. Sometimes life just deals you a crap set of cards sometimes.

Reply Reply