It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
(female)

Newlywed2012 HB User
Rectal fissures, skin tags and incontinence

Hi there,

I'm 32 and have suffered from rectal fissures for a number of years. The pain wasn't too bad but around a year ago they started to get really painful to the point where I am bleeding and in agony/ feeling like I'm passing razor blades and crying everytime I have a BM. I was advised to try cream and tried 3 different types which did nothing whatsoever.

I then had Botox injections and my skin tags were removed. Again this did nothing and even made my situation worse, as I now have severe wind incontinence and also fecal incontinence which I never had before the injection.

I was then advised to try a second set of Botox injections and again this did absolutely nothing.

I went back to the consultant and he said the only other option is a sphincterotomy but he is reluctant to do this as my sphincter muscles are weak already due to the past 2 Botox injections and the incontinence is likely to get worse.

I've now been told to try another different cream but again this has done absolutely naff all !!

I just don't know what to do. Am I going to be stuck with this problem for the rest of my Life ???!! Any suggestions or advice are most welcome.

The following user gives a hug of support to Newlywed2012:
Brocallie (11-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User
Re: Rectal fissures, skin tags and incontinence

I assume that the botox has taken away muscle function temporarily. It takes about 6 months for botox to leave the body, so hopefully the incontinence will only last until the botox has left your body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
(female)

Newlywed2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygirl43 View Post
I assume that the botox has taken away muscle function temporarily. It takes about 6 months for botox to leave the body, so hopefully the incontinence will only last until the botox has left your body.
I really hope you're right but its now been 7 months since the 2nd Botox and still no improvement really. The first 2-3 weeks I had complete loss of stool on a daily basis. Now it's not quite as bad as that but I still have daily leakage and when I feel I need to go, I have to go immediately otherwise there will again be a list stool. This should not be happening at my age!!

If I'd have known beforehand that this was a potential effect then I don't think if have bothered having the Botox and just put up with the pain and bleeding. As it happens, I now have both :-(

Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
(female)

Babygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB UserBabygirl43 HB User

Crossing fingers for you. Have you talked to your CR-dr?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
(female)

Newlywed2012 HB User

Yeah he basically said to give this 3rd cream a try for 8 weeks and then if that doesn't work to have another Botox injection. Gt to go back for a check up in jan. but I don't see that it will work as its been tried and tested already :-(

Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
(male)

FlyingScot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlywed2012 View Post
Hi there,

I'm 32 and have suffered from rectal fissures for a number of years. The pain wasn't too bad but around a year ago they started to get really painful to the point where I am bleeding and in agony/ feeling like I'm passing razor blades and crying everytime I have a BM. I was advised to try cream and tried 3 different types which did nothing whatsoever.

I then had Botox injections and my skin tags were removed. Again this did nothing and even made my situation worse, as I now have severe wind incontinence and also fecal incontinence which I never had before the injection.

I was then advised to try a second set of Botox injections and again this did absolutely nothing.

I went back to the consultant and he said the only other option is a sphincterotomy but he is reluctant to do this as my sphincter muscles are weak already due to the past 2 Botox injections and the incontinence is likely to get worse.

I've now been told to try another different cream but again this has done absolutely naff all !!

I just don't know what to do. Am I going to be stuck with this problem for the rest of my Life ???!! Any suggestions or advice are most welcome.
I have had issues with sporadic anal fissures and bleeding. One day I was cleaning up after a BM and there was a lot of blood on the tp. I got a mirror out of the cabinet to see what the heck was going on and I had lost about a silver dollar sized piece of skin off of my butt and it was bleeding like crazy. When I had severe bouts of anal itching it would be followed by anal fissures. This particular day I had an epiphany. I remembered that I had been bitten by a dog and was nowhere near a hospital or doctor. I washed and cleaned the bite and bandaged it. That night infection was starting so I decided to apply oil of oregano (organic) that I had for stomach and digestive problems directly to the the wound with the idea of getting to a doctor the next morning. I woke up...no inflammation. Healed very fast. So I thought...what the heck...oil of oregano is a natural antibiotic...if it worked on a dog bite...it might work on my butt. Stung like hell going on. I applied it liberally twice a day for three days and healed very quickly. Subsequently whenever I got the itchy butt syndrome I would apply the oil of oregano (oil of clove would work as well) The relief from the itching was instantaneous...the mild burning sensation from the oil of oregano felt great. And the anal fissures never developed anymore. My story is anecdotal but if you look at the antibacterial properties of oregano or cloves it makes sense. Besides...with organic oils there are zero side effects so you have nothing to lose.

Reply Reply