It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

AngelsWings HB User
Hard, painless lump. SO WORRIED! please help :( . All advise is appreciated :)

Hey, so this is my first ever post. I joined today as i really need some advise.

I'm going to start with a quick apology as this may be a little embarrassing and gross :/ so... SORRY haha

Well, I'm a 17 year old girl, who *touches wood* doesn't have many health issues. A few months ago, i noticed a small, hard lump just up inside me anus, about an inch in on the back wall. It's round in shape, about the size of a pea and is under the skin. Well, i presumed it was just a hemorrhoid and i intend on keeping an eye on it and visiting a doctor if it didn't go away. However, as the lump was painless and causing no problems at all, i totally forgot about it (stupid i know, don't judge me.) The other night, i discovered it for a second time and remembered about it. It is exactly the same size and it is still painless (apart from a little pressure when you press down but i'm guessing that pressing down on any part of your insides causes that sensation.) Curious about what it was, i decided to look online, BIG MISTAKE!!! I found out that quite a lot of people have experienced the same thing which was a little reassuring but i swear some people/sites are online just to scare people half to death. I'm going to get it checked out in the next few weeks, but my GP is almost impossible to get an appointment unless you book a few weeks in advance... ye it sucks (that should be a rather awkward doctors visit :/) I'm just looking for any advise, reassurance, or stories. Has anyone had the same thing and what was it? Could my problem be a hemorrhoid as i first thought?
Thanks and sorry again for being a little gross!
xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

Hebby HB User
Re: Hard, painless lump. SO WORRIED! please help :( . All advise is appreciated :)

Could be many things, but your best bet is getting it checked out.
The worst thing you can do is google it...trust me. I've been there Make an appointment with your doctor and that will make you feel better. Prayers to you

Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
Re: Hard, painless lump. SO WORRIED! please help :( . All advise is appreciated :)

Don't panic! It's probably a little cyst or blocked duct. I'm sure the doctor will help you sort it out. I know it's a bit embarrassing but it's part of their job.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
(female)

AngelsWings HB User

Okay so I need even more advise (sorry to be a nag haha) but I have been keeping my eye on it for a few days and I just checked again now. There seems to be another two much smaller hard lumps again developing, one next to the one I already knew about and another a little further up. I'm freaking out. Does this sound like hemerroids? Do they multiply if untreated? Would it harm to try a hemerroid treatment? My dr app is in just under two weeks as they had nothing sooner. What would be the best?††

Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #5
(male)

W2012 HB User

Research "Descending Perineum" also I would say it would be that if youve had long term straining, otherwise could be Hemorrhoids.

You can heck if you have a Descending Perineum, after you strain on the toilet, have a shower and when your washing your backside, spread it and place a finger on your sphincter, sort or push forward and up towards your testicles/vagina (do not insert your finger just apply considerable pressure) if you can feel a firm ball sort of thing, you most likely have a descending perineum (pelvic floor).

Last edited by W2012; 11-18-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Adding More

Reply Reply

Tags
bowel, hard bump, hemerroids, lump, worried