It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
(male)

KuziKat HB User
Poop Schedule?

Hi, for the past few months my poop schedule have been around 11 30 after i eat lunch, but im at school so i cant go. So i hold it everyday until after school but by the time im back home i dont have to feeling to go anymore so if i go, i feel like theres more inside and after a few it is uncomfortable. This happens 5 days straight and i was wondering how i can change it to a bit later in the day.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Poop Schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuziKat View Post
Hi, for the past few months my poop schedule have been around 11 30 after i eat lunch, but im at school so i cant go. So i hold it everyday until after school but by the time im back home i dont have to feeling to go anymore so if i go, i feel like theres more inside and after a few it is uncomfortable. This happens 5 days straight and i was wondering how i can change it to a bit later in the day.
You can change it but 11:30am is your natural bio-rhytmn and you should stick with if you can.
It's called bowel retraining and it's usually used by people who have chronic constipation problems.

1. Sit on the toilet 20-30 minutes after a meal every day at the same time.It helps to eat something high in fat and fiber and drink something with caffeine in it like coffee or tea( helps to kick in peristalsis). To help speed up peristalsis,you can take a short brisk walk or do some exercising. You may need to give yourself up to 30 minutes on the toilet every day at the same time for up to two weeks.
2. I have found listening to relaxing music while doing slow deep breathing exercises helps facilitate in moving my bowels without straining or forcing myself to go.
3. You can do this at bed time if it's more convienent and you would feel more relaxed and not feel like your pressed for time. If you feel rushed or stressed about it at that time it probably won't work because you're tensed up and so will be the sphincter muscles in your rectum and anus. This takes time,patience and commitment in order for it to work.
I hope this helps you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply