It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
(male)

kiwinz HB User
Unhappy Not sure what is wrong with me, issues from a couple months ago have returned :(

Hi,

Trying to figure out what the heck is going on with me. Many months ago I had a reflux issue and this settled and became stomach issues. During this time I had a gastroscopy the came back clean as well as test for celiac and h.pylori infection that were clean. The issue went from upper sternum with the reflux and gradually all the way down to my lower stomach where eventually it disappeared all together. At the time I had loose stools and urgency to go in the morning about 3-4 times then no more the rest of the day, this went on for weeks. GP said could be stomach bug taking it's time. I then started drinking Yakult and milk grains home made kefir. Everything rapidly cleared up after this in just 3 days. Best stools ever for over 1 month. I was so happy, I figured this was a bug that ran it's course and I can have a normal life again. I kept a very good diet, the occasional treat but this did not seem to affect me. I was keeping a food diary as well. All seemed back to normal. Since all of this I no longer have reflux or upper gastro issues. All was good until 3 days ago. Went to see my daughter at a recital 10am and stomach felt off, had to literally run for the toilet 4-5 times for dear life at the venue. The urge to go was extreme, stool was soft and brown. Going was somewhat mega strong urge even after I felt I had already gone. The urge would finally pass then return 10mins or so later. Eventually after 6 episodes things settled the rest of the day. I was feeling like I ate something off (maybe the day before) and my body was rejecting it big time that morning. After all this and a big deep breath proceeded with a very bland diet. I figured I ate something bad and need to take it easy a few days. Yesterday I didn't go to the toilet but once and it was not normal but I thought signs of improving. However today not so good, it reminded me of how my movements were a couple months ago when I was having issues. Urgency to go early in the day and went about 6 times. Loose, yellowish brown movements. No abdominal pain, bloating, gas, nausea or major symptoms. Just the urge to go. It's 4pm and I think I am done going for the day. Still trying to keep diet bland. I felt fine this morning so STUPIDLY had a latte in town with my wife which must have re-aggravated things a lot. I regret having it but that's too late now.

<Removed>

This is VERY reminiscent of the toilet issues I had well over a month ago before everything went back to normal. I guess I am just a bit upset that it seemed things were looking up and now it's come back. This I guess adds anxiety and stress which further complicates things. I am trying to be calm and hoping it gets back to normal in a day or so. Maybe it is bad luck and I simply picked up another stomach bug, or maybe i really just ate something that was off and this is kind of a coincidence? Maybe I get these bugs from the gym which I visit 4-5 days a week. It is just very disappointing to have well over a month of probably the best stools I ever had in my life and then wham in a matter of 3 days I am out of whack again. Thanks for any input guys!!.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-13-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
(male)

kiwinz HB User
Re: Not sure what is wrong with me, issues from a couple months ago have returned :(

Ok just going through my records (diary) It looks like my problems came to an end on Oct 2nd, then began again on Nov.10th. So for some reason I had just over a month of zero stomach issues whatsoever. My current issues are on day 4 and it's 7:20pm. I hope tomorrow is a better day :/

Old 11-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Not sure what is wrong with me, issues from a couple months ago have returned :(

Could be IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Check the symptoms and see if it fits. Try not to stress.....just makes it worse

Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hi, have you tried taking probiotics? I've been having gastro problems but mine seem to be from reflux (so far, still testing). I've had upper GI, two colonoscopies and ultrasound of gall bladder, did they check out your gall bladder by any chance? just curious. I'm also taking some natural food enzymes to help w/ digestion. I'm also on reflux meds. I have your problem too at times but the last two days its the opposite for the first time in months. weird.

I too am on a bland diet. I find that chammoile, fennel, ginger, teas help as well. good luck, Cathy

Reply Reply