It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

lrose143 HB User
After Hemmoroid Surgery

My mom, 83 years old had hemmoroid surgery 8 days ago. The first two days she was fine, but on the third day, she become extremely ill with pain. The pain level is way beyond 10, she has an inflammation coming from her rectum and is having spasms, and it is unbearable for her. Her description is that it feels like her who rectum is coming out. Any recommendations that will help with the swelling and pain? She is on dilodud and advils. Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to lrose143:
AppleJelly (11-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
(female)

AppleJelly HB User
Re: After Hemmoroid Surgery

Hemorrhoid Surgery is absolutely horrific. I had to have it done in a couple months ago. The only thing that brought relief to me when the spasms started was a hot bath with a bunch of epsom salts dumped in. That seemed to calm them down. I also thoroughly enjoyed my prescription of Tramadol that my doc prescribed to me. I only used wet wipes, never dry paper. I also ordered a Squatty Potty, which I know helped healing a lot easier (helps with proper positioning, makes it more comfortable to go). Other than that I just lay in my bed and groaned in pain. I generally felt sorry for myself, and wished this never happened.

After about 3 weeks, she will feel like herself again. After 2 weeks, they say it gets better. After 1 week, it is not as painful.

Best wishes to your mom, this is not the easiest thing to go through. Luckily it is so doable!

I should add, for any reason if mom gets worse and you get worried...make a call to the doc/nurse/etc. You should never have to sit and have to worry sick over your mom. I have taken care of my own mom through cancer, and a quick call to lesson my worries is worth it.

Last edited by AppleJelly; 11-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply