It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
(female)

maineiac HB User
Partial bowel obstruction

I have had a complete blockage before and had emergency surgery for this about 10 years ago. Now I have had a partial blockage for 3 weeks now. Just finally had this diagnosed yesterday. So what do I do now? It is very painful and I feel so drained. How can I get rid of this? And how do I know if I should go to the ER?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Partial bowel obstruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineiac View Post
I have had a complete blockage before and had emergency surgery for this about 10 years ago. Now I have had a partial blockage for 3 weeks now. Just finally had this diagnosed yesterday. So what do I do now? It is very painful and I feel so drained. How can I get rid of this? And how do I know if I should go to the ER?
Whereabouts is the partial obstruction ? Is it real high up in the colon or more towards the sigmoid colon and rectum ?
What have you tried so far to get unobstructed ? citrate of magnesia ? Miralax ? castor or mineral oil ? What did or has the doctor told you to do ? I have heard that olive oil helps to clean you out when severley constipated .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
Whereabouts is the partial obstruction ? Is it real high up in the colon or more towards the sigmoid colon and rectum ?
What have you tried so far to get unobstructed ? citrate of magnesia ? Miralax ? castor or mineral oil ? What did or has the doctor told you to do ? I have heard that olive oil helps to clean you out when severley constipated .
Since my last post last night,I looked up on Web MD to see what the treatment is for partial bowel obstruction is.It says you should be treated in the hospital because a partial obstruction can becme a full bowel obstruction which is life threatening. Never mind my advice from last night and any home remedies, get yourself to the emergency room now if you haven't already done so.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
(female)

maineiac HB User

The pain is way down low near the pelvic area. It is a sharp severe burning pain. Like contractions. I had an xray find the partial blockage. This has been going on since Nov 7th. It stopped yesterday and just started in again. I really am stumped as what to do now.

Last edited by maineiac; 11-25-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineiac View Post
The pain is way down low near the pelvic area. It is a sharp severe burning pain. Like contractions. I had an xray find the partial blockage. This has been going on since Nov 7th. It stopped yesterday and just started in again. I really am stumped as what to do now.
go to the emergency room now !

Reply Reply