It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
(male)

demetri66 HB User
sharp pains in anus

Hi all. Hope you can give me a clue as to what is going on here. Its becoming distressing to me. I have other things going on right now, but this has not changed through it all.
A month ago, i was awakened from a deep sleep by a sharp pain in my rectum. It was 2am. I laid in bed for a few minutes willing the pain to pass. It didnt. It got worse. I went to the bathroom hoping it was just very gassy bowel movement. I sat and bore down but there was nothing. Nothing but the pain. It started to subside, and i went back to bed. My night was shot though. It started happening to me during daytime, while working(standing) or driving. I had it wake me up a few more times, and most recently it hit me while talking with guests at my house. I had to quickly excuse myself and run to the bathroom.
what is going on? I mentioned it to my GI doc on my colonoscopy/endoscopy follow up, thinking it might be related to my recent colonoscopy but the doctor said it was not, and changed the subject. What the hell is this? It really hurts!

Reply Reply