It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
(female)

crazgrl HB User
Watery stools

Since early to mid Oct, I've been having watery stools.
I saw my dr at the end of Oct....actually a new dr.
He felt like it would be due to hypothyroidism as I have Hashimoto's.

He ordered a full blood panel w/A1C, thyroid, and a urine sample.
Everything was normal except for thyroid and I also had low albumen.
I've been on my current dose for four weeks now, and I am still having watery stools. I do not have urgency, but I went from one stool to around 3/day. I also have had incontinence at times with leakage while passing gas. My concern is that in over 10 yrs of having Hashimoto's, I have NEVER had watery stools as a sign of hypothyroidism. I am concerned that in 2 wks, he will say that things are still low and I'll have to wait another 6 wks.

He did not do a stool sample. I suspect he does not think it is parasites. From research, I've seen that a stool sample would not only check for parasites, but also things like fatty stools and some other things.

I do not have any severe pain. I sometimes have nagging discomfort...more like cramps. I also have nausea at times, but it is generally mild. I generally don't feel well, but not badly enough to be "ill." I am a homemaker, but have a busy life, but there are some days when I am just tired. And it is not "thyroid vegetable tired," but more just feeling worn out. I think I am losing weight, which is not dreadful, but it is also not a quick loss.

I'm a little concerned about things that you read that say, "If you ever have a change in bowel pattern, see your dr." He essentially felt from the outset that it was my thyroid and is insisting on that. I really don't think it is.

I am not keen on invasive stuff, but would you have any advice on what to look for? My dh wants me to go back in this week. I am beyond frustrated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Watery stools

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazgrl View Post
Since early to mid Oct, I've been having watery stools.
I saw my dr at the end of Oct....actually a new dr.
He felt like it would be due to hypothyroidism as I have Hashimoto's.

He ordered a full blood panel w/A1C, thyroid, and a urine sample.
Everything was normal except for thyroid and I also had low albumen.
I've been on my current dose for four weeks now, and I am still having watery stools. I do not have urgency, but I went from one stool to around 3/day. I also have had incontinence at times with leakage while passing gas. My concern is that in over 10 yrs of having Hashimoto's, I have NEVER had watery stools as a sign of hypothyroidism. I am concerned that in 2 wks, he will say that things are still low and I'll have to wait another 6 wks.

He did not do a stool sample. I suspect he does not think it is parasites. From research, I've seen that a stool sample would not only check for parasites, but also things like fatty stools and some other things.

I do not have any severe pain. I sometimes have nagging discomfort...more like cramps. I also have nausea at times, but it is generally mild. I generally don't feel well, but not badly enough to be "ill." I am a homemaker, but have a busy life, but there are some days when I am just tired. And it is not "thyroid vegetable tired," but more just feeling worn out. I think I am losing weight, which is not dreadful, but it is also not a quick loss.

I'm a little concerned about things that you read that say, "If you ever have a change in bowel pattern, see your dr." He essentially felt from the outset that it was my thyroid and is insisting on that. I really don't think it is.

I am not keen on invasive stuff, but would you have any advice on what to look for? My dh wants me to go back in this week. I am beyond frustrated.
It's probably something you might be eating that is causing it . Most people with hypothyroidism are usually constipated most of the time. maybe eating some foods like bananas can help to make your stools more solid. maybe keeping track of your diet might help you determine wht is causing the watery stools.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
(female)

hobbitbecks HB User
Re: Watery stools

hi there crazgrl and sorry u have such miseries..... but sounds like u might have crohns.... i have thyroid probs i am diagnosed with fibromyalgia hypothyroidism arthritis crohns (ileitis) and anxiety/ocd....... the mucus is only part of crohns u might have cramping, nausea, pain in abdomen and fatigue.... so get it checked cause it only gets worse the longer u leave it untreated... good luck and hope it all works out

Reply Reply