Occasional diarrhea after eating
Occasionally after eating my evening meal i experience a rather urgent need to visit the toilet within 30 mins or less. I understand that there is a reflex that makes you want to go to the toilet after eating, but this is urgent to the point that i quite literally have to rush to the toilet because nothing is getting in the way of this bowel movement.
This does not happen every time i eat, nor does it happen every day, which is making it incredibly difficult to pinpoint whether or not something i'm eating is causing it. Sometimes i can eat something and have it happen, while other times eat the same thing and be perfectly fine.
Occasionally i drink protein shakes since i workout frequently (no more than 1 during a 24 hour period) and i had considered that they could be the cause however today i have had no such drink and yet 15-30 minutes after dinner i found myself rushing for the bathroom - yesterday however i was completely fine despite drinking my protein shake.
So to sum up (and add a couple extra points that are worth considering):
- Diarrhea occasionally after eating
- Tends to happen at a similar time i.e. after dinner
- Does not happen every day
- Does not happen every time i eat
- Does not seem to happen consistently after eating certain foods
- I have never had any sort of surgery
- Do not seem to experience any other symptoms
Any help will be appreciated