It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
(male)

dustyrusty1490 HB User
Unhappy Serious Colon Issues

I am 22yrs old. I have already had 2 colonoscopys, they both was suppose to be normal, with ibs. I am sorry but that does not seem to explain all the symptoms i am having,

* I have gone up too 3 weeks without a bowel movement. Mainly 1.5 to 2 weeks apart.

*When i have a bowel movement I have extremely sharp pains through my stomach.

*I sometimes have uncontrollable diarrhea, (makes it hard to do my job( utility work).).

*No certain foods, make any difference.

*I cannot control my bowels at all, i have been prescribed miralax upto 64grams a day, with no results, have tried multiple fiber meds.

*I never feel empty.

*I must eat small meals, or my upper stomach begins to have sharp pains reaching as far up as my chest.

*Wearing my belt for work makes it twice as bad especially the pain.

*I never have much energy, and i cannot, CANNOT gain weight I just loose, i only weight 120 lbs.

*Sometimes I don't know I have to go until its too late.

-Stools range from thick dark and hard.
-to caramel colored waterish
-sometimes green and lumpy liquid like.
-some balls.
-some very think and pastey and brown.

I could really use some hints thoughts something. These issues really affect my everday life, especially at work. It got so bad I almost lost my job because of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Serious Colon Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrusty1490 View Post
I am 22yrs old. I have already had 2 colonoscopys, they both was suppose to be normal, with ibs. I am sorry but that does not seem to explain all the symptoms i am having,

* I have gone up too 3 weeks without a bowel movement. Mainly 1.5 to 2 weeks apart.

*When i have a bowel movement I have extremely sharp pains through my stomach.

*I sometimes have uncontrollable diarrhea, (makes it hard to do my job( utility work).).

*No certain foods, make any difference.

*I cannot control my bowels at all, i have been prescribed miralax upto 64grams a day, with no results, have tried multiple fiber meds.

*I never feel empty.

*I must eat small meals, or my upper stomach begins to have sharp pains reaching as far up as my chest.

*Wearing my belt for work makes it twice as bad especially the pain.

*I never have much energy, and i cannot, CANNOT gain weight I just loose, i only weight 120 lbs.

*Sometimes I don't know I have to go until its too late.

-Stools range from thick dark and hard.
-to caramel colored waterish
-sometimes green and lumpy liquid like.
-some balls.
-some very think and pastey and brown.

I could really use some hints thoughts something. These issues really affect my everday life, especially at work. It got so bad I almost lost my job because of it.
It does sound like you have IBS-A meaning you alternate between severe constipation to bouts of explosive diarrhea that can't be controlled sometimes. It also sounds you may have some acid reflux as well.
I can tell you what I have done for the last year and a half to get my chronic constipation,IBS-A(since the diagnosis in June of 1996),and acid reflux under control as long as I follow a daily routine.
For the acid reflux: 2 prilosec in the morning an hour before breakfast, 2 tsp. of L-glutamine powder mixed with water and powdered digestive amin acid 1 tsp.) and a probiotic. Do not lie down for at least two hours after eating. put the head of your bed up on bed risers or use wedge pillow. Stay away from highly spicy,acidic,gassy,and greasy and fatty foods.( these kinds of foods is what usually causes not only acid reflux but also IBS attacks of explosive diarrhea and severe abdominal cramps and lots of trapped gas.)
As for the chronic constipation part. Our bowel movements color texture,and consistency has a lot to do with what we eat and how often we move our bowels.
The large,thick,and hard stools are definately from being very constipated as well as lumpy and hard smalls balls.
This is what I do daily to keep the constipation from happening:
1. Make sure you drink at least 64 oz. a day of water.
2. Eat 25-30 grams of fiber a day.
3. Take Citrucel or Metamucil up 3 times a day. Make sure you drink an 8 oz. glass of water before and after each dose or this will make your constipation problems worse if you don't. The directions say 1 glass of water after but for me it works better with 2 because it adds more water to your stools to make them softer and easier to pass. My stools get very hard quickly if I don't get enough water.
4 I have a set time schedule for sitting on the toilet every day to move my bowels. Give yourself at at least 30 minutes of unrushed and uninterrupted time on the toilet. Read or listen to relaxing music so that your mind and body relax as well as the rectal spchinter muscles. The one way that helps me to move my bowels is to do slow deep breathing exercises. It helps to relax my body to relax and the sphincter muscles to relax so that is easier for the stool to pass through the rectum and anus. This way you're not straining and forcing the stool out which can lead to hemorrhoids and anal fissures which make it even more painful to move your bowels.
I do notice how much harder and more pain I have passing stool when I don't drink enough water during the previous day. I also can't allow myself not to move my bowels in more than 36-48 hours or I pay for it. l hope you give this daily routine a try for at least if it helps you resolve your constipation problems and other symptoms as well. It has helped me keep from getting
constipated as I stick with the daily routine.

Reply Reply