It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
(female)

only2fail HB User
Mucus and blood in hard stool....?

I am new around here, but didn't know where else to go where they'd take this seriously.

I have had gastroparesis for about a dozen years, but this one's a new one by me. I have been having REALLY hard stools lately... to the point where I actually have been having to digitally remove the (pellets of) stool. Tonight I had one such stool and -for the first time- I noticed a fair amount of mucus and bright red blood. I know blood in the stool is usually a cause for concern, but I'm thinking it's not a reason to go running to the hospital, either.

If anyone has any hints for me as to what this could be and/or how quickly I should go see a doc (if at all), it'd be appreciated! I'd swear I have UC or Chron's, but I never have diarrhea, only hard/pelleted stools. Oh, and I was in the ED just a few days ago and my RBCs, Hct and Hgb were all low (I'm anemic, which is not normal for me), as well as my protein being low, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with anything.....

Guess I'm just looking for any suggestions/thoughts/ideas anyone might have......

Thanks!!

Last edited by Administrator; 12-01-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
blood, bowel, ibd, mucus, stool