It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

JL5051 HB User
Permanent hemmorrhoid and active bleeding

Hi there,

I am a 25 year old female who suffers from permanent hemerroids.

I have had an external hemerroid for about 6 or 7 years now and Im sure anyone who suffers from these can understand how painful they can be and how day to day life can become affected by them.

I have tried several creams, ointments, baths, high fibre diet, etc. and have literally never been able to get rid of my external hemerroid. Often when it inflames it bleeds, a bit in my stool and a quite a bit on the toilet paper - not an alarming amount, but happens almost every time it is inflamed.

My question is - do others suffer from this? Is it strange that this has been a permanent part of my life and never really gone away? I've had bleeding episodes for the past four years and find it strange that have anal bleeding can be an unalarming event for me as its almost gotten common.

I feel a bit alone in this and would appreciate others thoughts or comments as I do go through moments where I feel anxiety or like this is un-natural and I should be seeking "urgent" medial attention.

Please feel free to share!

J

Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
(male)

Raven64 HB User
Re: Permanent hemmorrhoid and active bleeding

Hey JL

No, you most certainly aren't alone. Millions of americans have hemorrhoids and most never do anything about it, they simply cope or buy hemorrhoid creams and try to add fiber into their diet, exercise and drink lots of water. It works, but depends on how much you can deal with them. They're actually damaged veins that run to the anus, and they won't ever "heal" on their own.

I tried to cope with mine at first too, and my external one went away in a few weeks the first time. It's called "resolving" when it goes down, but they never really go away and have a tendency to reappear. I used a hemorrhoid ointment that was mostly medicated vaseline, and a donut shaped pillow for when i sat down. Exercise and eating lots of salads probably helped too haha.

Mine came back a second time, so that's when I decided to go get it taken care of. I'm actually 8 days post-op, had a hemorrhoidectomy. Some people try rubber-band litigation or staples, but those can fail, so I decided not to have a few painful procedures done before I get the most painful one done. But at least it's a permanent solution.

I would say go to your doc, or a doc you feel comfortable with and get it checked out, it wouldn't hurt. There are quite a few options that can be permanent for a lot of people. It's only an urgent situation if you're bleeding profusely, but yes most hemorrhoids do bleed. Most women lose more blood on their periods than they do with hemorrhoids.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
(female)

JL5051 HB User
Re: Permanent hemmorrhoid and active bleeding

Thanks Raven - I guess I just get a bit of anxiety (not to mention a bit self-conscious) that I have pretty much a permanent lump there. Ive learned to deal and certainly have a bad episode here or there but it's nice to hear from others who experience the same thing. If you don't suffer from them I don't think you can really understand the difficulties they can't bring even to day to day life!

Tannks again j

Reply Reply

Tags
anal fissure, anal growth, hemerroid thrombosis, hemerroids