It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
(male)

jumpingjuan HB User
Question Do I have a bowel obstruction?

Hello. I have been having stomach problems for a few weeks now and really need help because I know it can be a really serious problem. So for 3 days around thanksgiving I ate a LOT. It's thanksgiving and I rarely have any digestion problems. Following Thanksgiving I got sick and had chills. Since usually I have bowel movements everyday and during these days I had rarely gone to the bathroom I ate a bag of prunes, but all that I pooped was from what it seemed, the prunes I had eaten and a bit of cereal I had. After that I stopped eating because I felt bloated and full. I started eating again but limited my meals to fruits, vegetables, and cereal. I slowly started having chicken and I was having bowel movements daily (though I still hadn't pooped ALL that I ate during thanksgiving) but the BM's were somewhat thin. A week passed and last saturday I had a small burger. And now I haven't had a BM since Sunday morning which btw, was really small... I'm pretty sure I have a monster stool somewhere in my digestive system and I'm scared that its obstructing my bowel and won't be able to come out... what do I do? During the first episode of not having BM's about a week ago I tried coffee, prunes, and ex lax but all that would come out was the coffee and prunes... all the heavy meals that I had had during the Thanksgiving days haven't even moved from wherever the hell inside me they are...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Do I have a bowel obstruction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjuan View Post
Hello. I have been having stomach problems for a few weeks now and really need help because I know it can be a really serious problem. So for 3 days around thanksgiving I ate a LOT. It's thanksgiving and I rarely have any digestion problems. Following Thanksgiving I got sick and had chills. Since usually I have bowel movements everyday and during these days I had rarely gone to the bathroom I ate a bag of prunes, but all that I pooped was from what it seemed, the prunes I had eaten and a bit of cereal I had. After that I stopped eating because I felt bloated and full. I started eating again but limited my meals to fruits, vegetables, and cereal. I slowly started having chicken and I was having bowel movements daily (though I still hadn't pooped ALL that I ate during thanksgiving) but the BM's were somewhat thin. A week passed and last saturday I had a small burger. And now I haven't had a BM since Sunday morning which btw, was really small... I'm pretty sure I have a monster stool somewhere in my digestive system and I'm scared that its obstructing my bowel and won't be able to come out... what do I do? During the first episode of not having BM's about a week ago I tried coffee, prunes, and ex lax but all that would come out was the coffee and prunes... all the heavy meals that I had had during the Thanksgiving days haven't even moved from wherever the hell inside me they are...
If you take as much fiber in as you did with prunes in one sitting without following it by drinking lots of water, like 64 oz. a day or more then the fiber will just sit in the colon and get dried out and hard because the colon pulls water out of the stool especially if you are not drinking enough water. It will also make you feel bloated and full. If you are having bowel movements without any severe abdominal pain and not being to pass any stool except for diarrhea like or pencil thin stools then you're ok.
If you eat a bowl of oatmeal with ground flax seed(2 tsp.) and cinnamon for breakfast and 6 stewed apricots or prunes every day for breakfast that will help you to maintain regularity. If I eat a pear at lunch and two high fiber fruits or vegetables at dinner along with lots of water then I have no problems moving my bowels first thing in the morning.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

If you are going every day, you are not obstructed. I would suggest you stop gazing in the toilet so much and assume your Thanksgiving meal has completed it's digestive process...because it HAS.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
(male)

jumpingjuan HB User

Thanks a ton. Yea ive been drinking tons of water a day. I used to drink probably more than 64 oz of water a day back in high school, and when I'm home. When I'm in college its just harder to make time but I've gotten back on track and I'm drinking around 64 or more oz of water a day now. I'm going to start taking a fiber supplement everyday and hopefully Ill be good soon. Thanks for the reply. I was starting to get worried I might be obstructed.

Reply Reply