It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
(female)

katiewashington HB User
Thumbs down Excruciating pain when having bowel movements and also bleeding

Hi ya'll. I have had problems in the past with constipation and I have never really had normal bowel movements, but in the past few months I have been in excruciating pain when I have to pass bowel movements. I went to the doctor a few months ago because I had not had a bowel movement in over 2 weeks. I was very bloated and in a lot of pain. She sent me to the ER but nothing seemed to work to relieve me. Eventually I began to have bowel movements every few days like I normally did, but they hurt extremely bad when I would have them. I went back to my doctor a few days ago because the pain is now more than I can stand and I have blood in my stool and sometimes in the toilet. She did a rectal exam. She was suspecting hemorrhoids or an anal fissure but she said both were negative. I had a CT scan just the other day and am going to the GI doctor sometime in the next week. I was just wondering if anyone has had any symptoms like mine and what it turned out to be. I am just a tad worried because colon cancer does run in my family but I am only 20 years old.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Excruciating pain when having bowel movements and also bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiewashington View Post
Hi ya'll. I have had problems in the past with constipation and I have never really had normal bowel movements, but in the past few months I have been in excruciating pain when I have to pass bowel movements. I went to the doctor a few months ago because I had not had a bowel movement in over 2 weeks. I was very bloated and in a lot of pain. She sent me to the ER but nothing seemed to work to relieve me. Eventually I began to have bowel movements every few days like I normally did, but they hurt extremely bad when I would have them. I went back to my doctor a few days ago because the pain is now more than I can stand and I have blood in my stool and sometimes in the toilet. She did a rectal exam. She was suspecting hemorrhoids or an anal fissure but she said both were negative. I had a CT scan just the other day and am going to the GI doctor sometime in the next week. I was just wondering if anyone has had any symptoms like mine and what it turned out to be. I am just a tad worried because colon cancer does run in my family but I am only 20 years old.
I have had chronic constipation problems all my life so I can understand the pain and misery. I can tell you from own past experiences of being severly constipated that when you're that constipated you have no choice but to strain real hard and force the hard stool out. It can cause very small tears that will bleed. It feels like there is a knife cutting you up inside the rectum.
The solution to constipation is preventing it in the first place. we need to keep ourselves well hydrated with water,at least 64 oz. a day, eat a high fiber diet 25-30 grams a day, taking either Citrucel or Metamucil at least twice a day(morning and after school or work.) Make a schedule for moving your bowels every day at the same time. Allow up to 30 minutes for this. I found that if I listen to relaxing music and do slow deep breathing exercises to help me move my bowels instead of straining and forcing the stool out. I have been doing this for the last year and a half and I move my bowels at least once a day. When I don't take the time to move my bowels first thing in the morning then I pay for it in having to strain and force myself to go and it hurts a lot !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply