It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
(female)

prendi1 HB User
diverticular disease... pain in left side anyone?

I was diagnosed with diverticular disease last year after suffering low down left sided pain.I had been eating a lot of bran flakes and not enough water.The nurse didnt tell me much about it and i have been well for a while now,but recently i have had the achey left sided pain but higher up on the left side.is this a symptom of this disease that we have to put up with?thanks.i also have a bloated stomach too is this another symptom?

Last edited by prendi1; 12-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User
Re: diverticular disease... pain in left side anyone?

I just wanted to respond because I was diagnoised with diverticulitis. I am not for sure if that is the same thing you have or not.
I do know that diverticulitis is pain in your left side. It can be anywhere from mild to severe.
I was told by my doctor to tell if it is diverticulitis or something else, you get on your tip toes and fall back hard on your heel. If it is diverticulitis the pain will get alot worse if you do that,
I will also tell you that most of the time you would shouldnt have more than 1 outbreak a year. If they become more frequent, surgery is required to removed the part of the colon with the diverticuli..
The only way for it to get better is with the right antibitotics and of course treatment for pain. I have a GI doctor for this, I hope you have one as well and if you dont, I would get one.
Good luck with this issue. I was diagnoised over 4 years ago and have only had 2 outbreaks during this time.

Last edited by ctrue; 12-12-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Oh and I am not sure about the bloating.. I never had that but it could be a symptom. Id look online and see,

The Following User Says Thank You to ctrue For This Useful Post:
prendi1 (12-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply