It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
(male)

recession101 HB User
Laser Hemorrhoidectomy Experience

Hi there,

I had a hemorrhoidectomy done this past wednesday. during the surgery, i was knocked out, when i woke up, i didnt realized that my operation was completed. When I left the surgery center, i didnt feel much pain due to the fact that my butt was numbed. I had to take vicodin that evening so that i can fall asleep, didnt need to take vicodin but i figured it would be an easy ay for me to fall asleep. Day 2, I decided to go on a diet where i just ate Lipton soup, tangerines, water, metamucil (no other food). Did not take a shower since i wanted the wound to heal. Took vicodin once in the morning and another in the evening so that i can unrinate (to relax the muscles). Also took vicodin to relieve pain but pain was tolerable. Day 3, pain was more apparent but was tolerable but i took vicodin to relieved my pain. i had gas which at first hurt a tiny bit but thereafter the pain subsided with each gas going by. Again, my diet have Lipton soup, tangerine oranges, water, and metamucil - great way to lose weight...lol. Purpose of going on this kind of diet is because i do not want to have bowel movement (BM) since i have been reading so much horror stories on these message boards. I decide to not to shower so that my wounds can heal much quicker. Day 4, i am feeling a lot better, but still there are pains but the pains are not as bad as compared to Day 3. I have not had BM and I am hoping that with my diet i can wait another 2 more days so that when i have BM, it wont be as bad. I do have gas and its not that bad at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
(male)

recession101 HB User
Re: Laser Hemorrhoidectomy Experience

Day 5, i had BM. Relieving myself wasn't that bad however i had some minor bleeding. I soke my butt in running hot water for about 10 minutes and i felt relieved. However, 30 minutes later, my anal feels like a bunch of needles were stuck up my rear end, i had to take vicodin. will post more later

Old 02-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
(female)

randadawn HB Userrandadawn HB Userrandadawn HB User

Hope all is well! Did you have your surgery done with laser?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
(male)

recession101 HB User

This is day 13 of my post hemorrhoidectomy. I am back at work today and the pain is not as bad. As time goes on, the pain has subsided but still after each bowel movement the side effects still hurts. I had my bowel movement this evening and the feeling after the bowel movement still hurts. most likely i am going to take a vicoden pill. by tomorrow morning my pain will subside.

Thus far, all in all, this surgery wasn't has painful as i thought it would be.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
(female)

And I agree! These doctors just don't want to go to the extra schooling for it. I actually wrote to the board of colon rectal surgeons about my experience.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
(female)

This happened to me on day eight.....my swelling was almost gone and really no pain but hard bm equals blood and pain and burning!this sucks....thought I was healed.....

Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #7
(male)

recession101 HB User

This is 3 weeks post surgery. i feel the same way where i thought my surgery was healing well and i have minor, if any, bleeding. however when i have my bowel movement it is becoming difficult to do so. i have to sit in the toilet for 20 to 30 minutes and pushing very hard to release. anyone recommend, besides stool softener, for better bowel movement and release? i was thinking of drinking milk

Closed Thread