It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

pickle bean HB User
Unhappy I cant poop I havent for weeks

I'm 15 years old and its been about 3 weeks and I still haven't pooped. At one point i had laxatives and they worked really well. But now I'm off them and I can't even get up any more. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it hurts so much I don't want to eat so I don't have to go any more then I already do. I have asked my parents many times to take me to the doctor's but they say i just need to eat better.

I've been trying to poo for so long but it hurts so much I can't I know its there. I've gone so far as to look in a mirror. I'm in so ,much pain when I push it feels like nits ripping the walls. Is there any way to fix this problem with out meds?

Please if any one knows what I should do I would love to know and it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by pickle bean; 12-26-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
(female)

LivisMumma HB User
Re: I cant poop I havent for weeks

Drink lots of water!!! Try not to strain when you're going and find something to put your feet up on. I had this problem when I was pregnant and I know how horrible it is. Please go see a Doctor, they may prescribe you something better than something you can buy over the counter. Tell your parents that you really do need to go!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: I cant poop I havent for weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle bean View Post
I'm 15 years old and its been about 3 weeks and I still haven't pooped. At one point i had laxatives and they worked really well. But now I'm off them and I can't even get up any more. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it hurts so much I don't want to eat so I don't have to go any more then I already do. I have asked my parents many times to take me to the doctor's but they say i just need to eat better.

I've been trying to poo for so long but it hurts so much I can't I know its there. I've gone so far as to look in a mirror. I'm in so ,much pain when I push it feels like nits ripping the walls. Is there any way to fix this problem with out meds?

Please if any one knows what I should do I would love to know and it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If you drink warmed water in the microwave(not so hot that you will burn your mouth or tongue) with some fresh squeezed lemon 8 oz. glass,sit in tub of warm water for about 20-30 minutes, use a glycerin suppository with lots of vaseline on the tip of it and insert it. Give the suppository 20-30 mminutes to work then go sit on the toilet. Take slow deep breaths and hold it to the count of 10 and slowly exhale through pursed lips and keep doing this until you move your bowels. This could take as long as 30 minutes. The slow deep breathing helps you to concentrate on the breathing and you;re less likely to strain and force the stool out. This slow deep breathing actually helps to relax the anal and rectal sphincter muscles to make it easier for the hard stool to pass through the rectum and anus. It's so much less painful than the straining and forcing the hard stool out. I have done this when I haven't moved my bowels in 2-3 days or more in a row. It does work but it does take time and patience not strain. Listening to relaxing music helps to relax your mind as well as your body. I sure hope you get relief real soon. I have been that constipaed so I know how much pain you'e in and much it hurts to try to go when you just can't go ! If this doen't work try oil based enema.

Reply Reply