It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
(female)

crypp HB User
Smile hemorrhoidectomy recovery

I had a full hemorrhoidectomy on Dec 18, 2012. I was sent home the same day and i live 30min from the city, thank god for my husdand. I don't remember the surgery or the drive home. I was sent home and told to alt between iibuprofen and acetaminophen every three hours which I did, and if the pain was unbearable to use the hydromorphone they sent home. Day 1 I didn't eat anything other that 1/2 cup of canned peaches, took pain meds but not the morophone and slept no pain, day two no bowel movement yet and slept all day just with as a and ibp. Day 3 some peaches and sleep, btw sitz bath is your best friend use it love it. Much easier than sitting flat on your bottom in a bathtub, and its gross but for your first bowel movement do it in your sitz bath, can be dumped imeadetly. The hot water helps with pain. Day 4 started to eat real food but still no bm. Day 5 still no bm, sore tummy from no bowel movement and quite worried. I had been using duclate for a stool softener since the start. Slept a very uncomfortable night used the hydromorphone to help with tummy pain to help me sleep....they constipate you. Day 6 drove 30 min to hospital to have a doctor there tell me I'm constipated.....told me to go home stop taking doucate and to have 3 drinks of restorlax the first night and if it didn't help reapeat and once I was empty to take one drink a day. Well day 7 came Christmas day....I woke and had to run lol had my first bm.....no pain at all, the restorlax helped me no strain nothing. I owe that doctor. I stopped taking doucate and staywd on the restorlax. I am not in pain nor scared to use the washroom. After reading all the forums I thought I should post my recovery so some people out there will know its not horrible for everyone, I sympathise with everyone who had a hard time but mine wasn't bad.

Ibuprofen...2 - 400mg every 6 hr
Aceanimophen ....2-400mg every 6 hrs1/2 cup of restorlax a day
Sitz bath as many times a day as you can
Baby wipes
And eat just stay away from meat and hot spices
Lots of bed rest
And lots of water or juice

Good luck to those about to take this journey.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
hemmorhoid, hemmorhoidectomy, hemorrhoid, surgery