It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

LivisMumma HB User
Tortuous colon/ urgency help!

For the past 4 months or so I've really had problems with my bowels. I have not made it to the toilet in time on numerous occasions, luckily I was at home, this is really embarrassing I am 21 years old not 2! I saw my Dr who arranged an urgent sigmoidoscopy. It was all fine apart from me having a tortuous colon. I haven't had another appointment yet so I haven't been told much. But in the mean time I don't know what to do.

I have kept a record and there is no link with food or stress. Does anyone have similar symptoms, what helped you? And does anyone else have a tortuous colon, what did it mean for you, any further tests etc?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Tortuous colon/ urgency help!

I read up on a tortous colon on the internet. Most people have very severe constipation problems because the colon has many twists and is elongated colon due to years of chronic severe constipation so the colon stretches out to hold all that stool. As a consequence of the stretched out colon it takes more and more stool built up before you even get the urge to move your bowels if any at all. There is no diarrhea or urgency woth a tortous colon (lazy or redundant colon) The twists could make your stools very narrow like a pencil or the diarrhea is going around a large mass of stool trapped behind a twist in the colon. You may want to consider a colonoscopy because it examines the whole entire colon. If there is blockage of stool in colon you won't be completely clear of stool even after the prep and the doctor will meet with resistance with the scope and should be able to see that it is in fact it's built up stool.
I highly recommend that you read up on tortous colon for yourself and then a get a colonoscopy scheduled as soon as possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
bowel, bowel incontinence, bowel movement urgency