It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

DyingToRun HB User
Unhappy Gastro Hell

Hi all,

I am very new to this board, and like most people, have reached a point of desperation. This will be rather lengthy and I apologize ahead of time, but I am just so very frustrated at this point..I need someone to listen to me, and maybe through this, hopefully find some help.

Background: I have Hashimoto's and have had it well under control for the last 13 years. I am an athlete. I exercise 5 times a week and completed my first half marathon this past July. I can now barely jump.

At the end of October, after I ate some soup I had some stomach turning and really loose stools. I remember because it was the first time I made Pasta Fazool. I thought maybe one of the spices I don't normally use effected me odd. The loose stools and 'off' feeling lasted for a few days and then I noticed that my stool started to look funny. There was a film on the top of the water that looked greasy and my stool looked like kelp floating down into the bowl. This continued for the rest of a week and I went to the doctor. When they pressed my abdomen, there was pain on the lower left side. A CT scan was ordered along with stool sample collections and a total blood count draw. The blood and stool came back fine. The CT scan showed "an abrupt restriction at the splenic turn of the mid-decending colon".

My stool changed to clear mucus with little to no stool at all. The mucus also comes out when I pass gas or if I can't make it to the toilet in time. I now don't know if I actually have to have a BM or if just mucus is coming out. A barium enema was ordered along with a Celiac panel and sed. rate test. They all came out normal.

I have pain (crampy, mid-section to lower abdomen) every day from the moment I wake up. I can't exercise because there is an audible sloshing in my insides that hurts when I do any kind of running/jumping. I am constantly full of gas, but can only pass gas if I get on my hands and knees. When I do this, you can audibly hear my insides settling and I can pass gas. There is loud noises after I eat (about 1-2 hours after) but ONLY on the left side. There is a constant settling, gurgling, growling sound on the left side.

My stool is either: loose and very stuck to the bottom of the toilet, full of mucus and no stool, full of mucus and little stool, hanging mucus, clear jelly-like mucus or if there is visible stool it is pencil thin.

This is affecting my whole life. I never feel well anymore. I can't run, I can't work out, I don't dare to be far from the bathroom ever. I can't eat much because I am always full of gas of liquid. I have lost 12 pounds since October. I am at my wits end. I can't get into a new gastro doc until March 13th. No one else seems to be able to do anything for me. One gastro doc told me to take Miralax and come back in 6 weeks.

Other issues I have that have occured this past year. Knee pain which was thought to be IT Band issues after the 1/2 marathon. However, 6 weeks of PT and 2 cortisone shots did nothing for it. I attempt to run still once a week and between my intestinal issues and my knee pain, I can barely do 3 miles of SLOW running. Also I have carpal tunnell on the right side thought to be a result of Hashimotos. It has been horrible since this issue started. My thryroid panels are fine though.

Someone please help me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply