It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
(male)

mark81 HB User
Hemmorroids and removal

I have always had hemorroids that have bled a little after a bout of constipation but never seen a doc till now. I had a bout of constipation that has left lots of blood after bowel movement. My doctor has said I need to get them removed as soon as possible to stop bleeding forever, however I don't have the money for it.
These have been painless, and now have stopped bleeding after using ointment and changing diet. I have had a junk food diet till now but starting to eat a high fibre diet in the last week, stools are easier to pass with no blood. Given this, is there any danger with keeping them but using the ointment every now and again.

Many have said that they can live with them. I cannot understand why my doctor is wanting to remove them, unless he wants money. I have never had any pain from them at all, and I know lots of people have pain from them.

Anyone got experience with living with them or removing them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Hemmorroids and removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark81 View Post
I have always had hemorroids that have bled a little after a bout of constipation but never seen a doc till now. I had a bout of constipation that has left lots of blood after bowel movement. My doctor has said I need to get them removed as soon as possible to stop bleeding forever, however I don't have the money for it.
These have been painless, and now have stopped bleeding after using ointment and changing diet. I have had a junk food diet till now but starting to eat a high fibre diet in the last week, stools are easier to pass with no blood. Given this, is there any danger with keeping them but using the ointment every now and again.

Many have said that they can live with them. I cannot understand why my doctor is wanting to remove them, unless he wants money. I have never had any pain from them at all, and I know lots of people have pain from them.

Anyone got experience with living with them or removing them?
If I were you I would seek a second and third opinion before I would do any surgery.
You could keep them from flaring up as often if you make sure you drink lots of water,eat a high fiber diet,not straining and forcing
bm's out, make it priority to move your bowels daily as this will help keep your
bm's soft and easy to pass.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #3
(female)

AppleJelly HB User
Re: Hemmorroids and removal

When I was sent to a surgeon for my own internal hemorrhoids I was so totally against surgery. The surgeon was surprised that I would not want surgery, but he told me what my options were if I chose not to have surgery. I would just have to carry on like you are doing. Watching what I eat, drinking lots of water, and using the creams/ointments. He did tell me the problem would never truly go away on its own without him operating, but I could manage the problem without him doing anything. I never ever felt any pain or discomfort from my hemorrhoids. The only problem I ever had was that they bled.

I did end up having them removed. My own doctor thinks that I still have some internal hemorrhoids, because of some bleeding that I had several moths after. In the end I am sort of glad that he did operate on me. He fixed another problem I had. I never had to pay for my surgery, if I did I think I would be just wanting to put it off as long as possible.

Reply Reply