It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

treadingwater29 HB User
Indent in Stool

Hi all! I just want to thank you in advance for reading my post as I am very worried and incredibly scared.

I should start by saying about a year and half ago (July 2011) I became a vegetarian and expected to see changes. I must also say, I never really looked at what was produced in the toilet before either so I don't really know how long I have had these symptoms, but I do know it has been within the past year and half because I never noticed much "messiness" when wiping that I can recall before then. Ok so I noticed my stools were thinner and snake like (about as round as a nickel and about 5-6 inches in length). I looked it up and came to find that is normal with a healthy diet. Then I noticed that sometimes there were pencil thin, short and increased in quantity. Sometimes that were looser and mushy, but not diarrhea. I still don't have diarrhea and usually not looser unless my anxiety is acting up... like right now. Again, I contributed this to my change in diet and sometimes I eat healthier than other times. I then noticed an indent going down the side of my stools, but I don't recall when I noticed it... it could have been a year ago or so and I thought it may be due to a hemorrhoid since when I wipe I sometimes do feel a bit of a bulge, so I didn't pay to much attention to it. I have also lost 20 pounds over the last year and a half, but have stopped losing and staying the same since August 2012, which is consistent with the diet change. Then yesterday, I noticed the indent may be a bit bigger, so I panicked like I should have when I first noticed it (I am REALLY mad at myself right now for not panicking when I first saw it!!). I immediately started worrying like crazy, called the GI and scheduled an appointment (1.18.12) and have been having extremely soft pencil thin frequent stools since yesterday morning... could be due to my anxiety since my bowel really acts up when I'm stressed and anxiety ridden. I am totally freaked out and wish my doctor appointment were sooner I know these symptoms are very consistent with CC, so I am convinced that's what it is. I am trying my best to calm down especially since I have 4 kids (3 are young) and I don't want them to see me upset like this. Does anybody have any advice to offer on these symptoms or even how to calm down? I am so stressed out!! Again, thank you for any help you can offer.

The Following User Says Thank You to treadingwater29 For This Useful Post:
Brocallie (01-18-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
(female)

treadingwater29 HB User
Re: Indent in Stool

I just wanted to post an update for anyone who reads this. I ended up getting a colonoscopy for the above symptoms and in addition I developed rectal pressure and achy pain in the tailbone region and everything came back normal. I went to a follow-up visit with my regular GI and he said that he thinks that all my symptoms are caused by a combination of my fibromyalgia and irritable bowl syndrome. I told him that I don't have a problem with bouts of constipation and diarrhea though and he said that technically the definition of irritable bowel syndrome is abnormal contractions of the colon and intestines... spastic bowel. So essentially when I go to the bathroom, my colon spasms and compresses everything causing it to be narrow or flat. Fibromyalgia causes the tenderness and pain in that region.

The following user gives a hug of support to treadingwater29:
Brocallie (01-18-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to treadingwater29 For This Useful Post:
Brocallie (01-18-2013)
Old 03-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
(female)

mora346 HB User
Re: Indent in Stool

Glad to know everything turned out fine! I had a similar incident. I had changed my eating habits by eating vegetarian and being active and noticed these grooves or line is more accurate going down my bowels. I freaked out, made an appointment with my GI and got the appointment for a colonoscopy. They found a 2mm sessile polyp which they say was very small and came out benign from the biopsy report and turned out I have hemmorhoids. I'm still glad I got checked out. You can never be too sure, ya know. Since I'm young as he said, I will have to come back in 5 years for another colonoscopy. Just like month, I was diagnosed with IBS and GERD.

Reply Reply