It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
(male)

Cointoss HB User
Is rectal bleeding dangerous?

I have IBS or something for many years, but recently as in a month ago I noticied pain when passing a stool, at first it felt like incomplete evacuation thats until it dawned on me that it wasnt stool stuck inside me waiting to get out but it could be a cut or something hyper sensitive thats making me feel this way. I find blood red on toilet paper and i feel the walls on my anus with toilet paper as being a little swelled on one side or bulgy. Its just the two side walls of anus are uneven as the left side is bulgy a little more and rounder while the other one is more flat. Do i have anal fissure or what?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: Is rectal bleeding dangerous?

It's always a good idea to get any type of anal bleeding checked out by a doctor, but in all likelihood you just have external hemorrhoids

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
(male)

Cointoss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjane View Post
It's always a good idea to get any type of anal bleeding checked out by a doctor, but in all likelihood you just have external hemorrhoids
if i just have hemorrhoids and not something worse like rectal prolapse that needs surgery, then why doesnt it go away? its been since november really and while it doesnt pain me as much as it did when it started, i still feel it. sort of the feelings of a sharp razer stuck in there.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

hemorrhoids don't go away by themselves, once they develop they are just there.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
(male)

Cointoss HB User

they dont go away at all? so that means they will never ever disappear for good? this is odd. so let me get this straight i have IBS and on top of it hemorrhoids, thats just not gonna work.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

AlaWu HB User

Hemorrhoids are swollen veins and they can't be cured, especially if they are internal. Bleeding could be because of them, and it is usually a sign of hemorrhoids, if you have a strings of blood on toilet paper after stool.

You better visit your doctor before it's to late. Maybe there is something that still can be done.

I had external hemorrhoids and I cured them with some local cream, they didn't came back ever again, but I start with treating them as soon as I got first sign (itching). Good luck.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
(male)

DboyAust HB User

I had only a few dots of blood, but I did have something poking out of my butt whhich was pretty uncomfortable. I think you need to work out what's causing the hemorrhoids if you want them to go away and never come back. But I guess for now treating the symptoms would work. For me, I used softer toilet paper and also put on some Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel to help soothe and repair my hemorrhoids. Also upped the fibre and water intake. Also, sat on the toilet a little more differently. Sounds weird, but our bodies aren't meant for toilets. We're meant to squat. Anyway, I read this book, Don't Panic They're Just Hemorrhoids. Pretty good with lots of good info. No miracle cure, but will fix them.
Hope this helps.

Reply Reply