It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
(male)

youngguy1 HB User
Bleeding and VERY infrequent bowel movements

I'm 21 years old. This is a problem I've had since a fairly young age. I have very INFREQUENT bowel movements. A lot of the time, just once a week. Sometimes every 4-5 days. I never have bowel movements regularly (day to day).

Until recently, I didn't think much of it. Last month, after a week of no bowel movements, I went to the bathroom. After "pooping", there was bright red blood in the toilet (a little), but when I wiped, there was quite a lot.

A week later, I went again, and same thing.

It stopped since then, so I assumed maybe it was just a cut or something I had from the pressure (since my bowel movements are quite.."heavy" due to the build up).

Just now, I went the bathroom, and it happened again. Bright red blood again, except quite a bit more this time. It took 7-8 wipes to get all the blood.

There is no pain associated with this.

Any idea what this could be?

Last edited by youngguy1; 01-11-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:21 AM   #2
(female)

NHChic HB User
Re: Bleeding and VERY infrequent bowel movements

Perhaps you are constipated and when you finally relieve yourself, the pressure on your anus causes blood. More fiber would help, and reading about constipation issues on this board might help. Im going through the same thing. It's probably minor, but perhaps you should see a gastro doctor just to be safe. Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngguy1 View Post
I'm 21 years old. This is a problem I've had since a fairly young age. I have very INFREQUENT bowel movements. A lot of the time, just once a week. Sometimes every 4-5 days. I never have bowel movements regularly (day to day).

Until recently, I didn't think much of it. Last month, after a week of no bowel movements, I went to the bathroom. After "pooping", there was bright red blood in the toilet (a little), but when I wiped, there was quite a lot.

A week later, I went again, and same thing.

It stopped since then, so I assumed maybe it was just a cut or something I had from the pressure (since my bowel movements are quite.."heavy" due to the build up).

Just now, I went the bathroom, and it happened again. Bright red blood again, except quite a bit more this time. It took 7-8 wipes to get all the blood.

There is no pain associated with this.

Any idea what this could be?
It's most likely a internal hemorrhoid or a small tear just inside the rectum from straining to pass the hard stool. Isn't it extremely painful to try to pass those hard stools after not going for a week ? I have found using a glycerin suppository within for 48 hours of my last bowel movement helps to soften the stool and make it easier to go.
I have had to learn the hard way that my constipation problems are my diet(lack of fiber) and inadequate intake of water,poor bowel habits. I now make sure I eat plenty of fiber 25-30 grams a day, drink at least 64 oz. of water each day,make it priority to move my bowels before I leave for work or church every morning. If I do these 3 things every day then I have no problem with being constipated all the time.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
(male)

youngguy1 HB User

Thank you NHChic & flipfleury. This is quite embarrassing, which is probably why I've held off on seeing a doctor for the last month. Especially considering the doctor will likely do a visual inspection

Regardless, I will see a doctor this week.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
(male)

Paininass HB User

Hey man,
I've been right where you are. I'm 35, but all my problems with Hemorroids started when I was about 20. It all started from eating way too much snack food, cheese, and breads. I avoided seeing a doctor for 12 years and eventually the roids would start prolapsing out my hole and got to the size of a golf ball sticking out.

I finally had the things cut off and healed great. And I hardly ever eat Bread, Cheese, Oreos, or anything else I think will slow the track down.
And I eat vegetables like crazy. No matter what the meal, I'll eat handfuls of spinach or make a kale smoothie and drink it throughout the meal.

I used to poop every 4 or 5 days, but now it's at least once a day, sometimes twice, and I never get bound up.

I hope you can change your diet and avoid what I did. It felt like I gave birth some times after not pooping a few days and eating the wrong things.

All the pushing started the problem, and having a sweaty, physical job, just made the things get worse and worse. It's like a balloon that keeps stretching, and likes to pop every once in while and takes lots of toilet paper to stop the bleeding.

At your stage, I'd just get eating right and see if that does the trick.

Reply Reply