It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
(male)

Euronius HB User
Various bowel movement problems

Greetings.
I don't know how to begin and don't want to waste your time so I'll jump straight to the point.
I am a 22 years old male. Every time I have to go to the bathroom I have to use the "digital stimulation" technique to fully empty my bowels. I think I have chronic constipation too, because the time interval between my bowel movements is usually 3-4 days max in-between.
I've also had problems with internal and external hemorrhoids in the past for about a year. Bowel movements used to be painful and with blood. Then I wouldn't be able to sit or stand comfortably because of the pain from hemorrhoids after bowel movement. The problems "went away" so to say, and I didn't have any problems or pain, but I still had to use the "digital stimulation" technique to fully empty my bowels.
To tell you the truth, I don't remember the last time I went to the bathroom as a normal person, or how a normal bowel movement is.
But the problems have returned. Every damn time I have to go, my stools are hard, there's blood afterwards, not to mention the slight pain in my anal area that wont let me sit or stay comfortably in one place afterwards.
My questions are: Is it safe to use the "digital stimulation" technique every time to fully empty the bowels? If not, what else can I do to achieve that?
Do I have rectal prolapse? Because every time I use that technique, my rectum comes slightly down and, excuse my gross expression, I have to push it back up.
I just want this damn nightmare to be over. It's been going on for years.
Thank you very much for your time reading this, and I hope you can give me some answers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Various bowel movement problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euronius View Post
Greetings.
I don't know how to begin and don't want to waste your time so I'll jump straight to the point.
I am a 22 years old male. Every time I have to go to the bathroom I have to use the "digital stimulation" technique to fully empty my bowels. I think I have chronic constipation too, because the time interval between my bowel movements is usually 3-4 days max in-between.
I've also had problems with internal and external hemorrhoids in the past for about a year. Bowel movements used to be painful and with blood. Then I wouldn't be able to sit or stand comfortably because of the pain from hemorrhoids after bowel movement. The problems "went away" so to say, and I didn't have any problems or pain, but I still had to use the "digital stimulation" technique to fully empty my bowels.
To tell you the truth, I don't remember the last time I went to the bathroom as a normal person, or how a normal bowel movement is.
But the problems have returned. Every damn time I have to go, my stools are hard, there's blood afterwards, not to mention the slight pain in my anal area that wont let me sit or stay comfortably in one place afterwards.
My questions are: Is it safe to use the "digital stimulation" technique every time to fully empty the bowels? If not, what else can I do to achieve that?
Do I have rectal prolapse? Because every time I use that technique, my rectum comes slightly down and, excuse my gross expression, I have to push it back up.
I just want this damn nightmare to be over. It's been going on for years.
Thank you very much for your time reading this, and I hope you can give me some answers!
What is your diet like ? Do you drink water ? Have you ever tried a glycerin suppository to help relieve your constipation problem ?
You most likely have a rectal prolapse but your doctor is the only one who can truly diagnose this for you. The rectal prolapse is most likely from years of constant straining to have a bowel movement. You need to go see a doctor and be completely honest about your chronic constipation problems and how you have to use digital stimulation to be able to move your bowels.
I can tell you from my own personal experience of years of being chronically constipated that is mostly our poor diet,sufficent water intake,poor bowels habits. When I eat a high fiber diet 25-30 grams a day,drink at least 64 oz. of water, making it priority to move my bowels daily before i even get into he shower helps me not to get constipated anymore. If I get lazy and don't these 3 things every day then I get constipated within 48 hours. A fiber supplement may help you to keep you regular and stools soft so they don't aggravate the hemorrhoids or the possible rectal prolapse. You must drink at least 8 oz. of water after each dose of a fiber supplement like Citrucel or metamucil. I personally found that Citrucel worked better with an 8 oz glass of water before and after taking the Citrucel. These fiber suplements can be taken safely 3 times a day. It won't work right away if you're already severly constipated more than 3 days in a row without having a bowel movement. Use a glycerin suppository to help get you to go first before using the supplement.
If I eat a bowl of oatmeal with ground flax seed every morning and 6 stewed prunes or apricots then that helps me to go every day. Pears and eating an a fresh orange during the day helps to get fiber into you. I hope these suggestions help you to be your way to relieving your chronic constipation problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to flipfleury For This Useful Post:
Euronius (01-16-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

I totally agree with what flipfeury has said, you have chronic constipation and you may have a prolapse from straining so much. There are two things you need in your diet to stay regular, adequate fibre and plenty of water, if you don't get enough of these two things in your daily diet, your bowels can't move normally and you'll be constipated, get hemorrhoids and it can lead to prolapse. You need to see your doctor to check if you do have a prolapse, if you don't then you just need to start increasing your fibre and water intake as part of your daily routine.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 AM   #4
(male)

Euronius HB User

Thank you for your interest in helping me both of you. Flipfleury, my diet is horrible. I usually am very picky when it comes to food and let me tell you, I am not a big fan of food containing fiber. Could I achieve this with only the fiber supplements and more water intake?
I have tried the suppository back then when I had problems with hemorrhoids. But then I came across some sort of tea that would usually send me running to the bathroom after about 6 hours of drinking it. But like I said in my first post, these problems went away and I didn't have any trouble with hemorrhoids anymore, but recently they've returned.
I wouldn't mind any of this, if it wasn't for the pain after a bowel movement. This is nothing considering the pain and discomfort I had in the past. I wouldn't be able to stay put in one place from the pain. But now the discomfort stops after a few hours. Then it's the same story again, I dread the next time I will have to go to the bathroom.
Could you also tell me more about rectal prolapse before I go to the doctor? Is it something you have problems with everyday? Because I don't.
Again, thank you very much for your help. It feels great to finally be able to tell someone about my problem and seek help.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User
Talking Re: Various bowel movement problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by euronius View Post
thank you for your interest in helping me both of you. Flipfleury, my diet is horrible. I usually am very picky when it comes to food and let me tell you, i am not a big fan of food containing fiber. Could i achieve this with only the fiber supplements and more water intake?
I have tried the suppository back then when i had problems with hemorrhoids. But then i came across some sort of tea that would usually send me running to the bathroom after about 6 hours of drinking it. But like i said in my first post, these problems went away and i didn't have any trouble with hemorrhoids anymore, but recently they've returned.
I wouldn't mind any of this, if it wasn't for the pain after a bowel movement. This is nothing considering the pain and discomfort i had in the past. I wouldn't be able to stay put in one place from the pain. But now the discomfort stops after a few hours. Then it's the same story again, i dread the next time i will have to go to the bathroom.
Could you also tell me more about rectal prolapse before i go to the doctor? Is it something you have problems with everyday? Because i don't.
Again, thank you very much for your help. It feels great to finally be able to tell someone about my problem and seek help.
what kind of dr diagnois a rectal proslape?? Im thinking that could be my problem i was told by one dr it was hemms but another dr said no but i still get the rectal pain and pressure and my stools are sometimes thin i dont have blood but its just a weird feeling that came outta no where i did start perimenopause so im wondering if that triggered something . Good luck too everyone have a great day

Reply Reply