It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
(male)

agentDKD HB User
Question Removal of Hypertrophied Anal Papilla by Banding

And it's painful!! I've had 2 hypertrophied anal papillae for the past 4 or 5 years and decided a few weeks ago to get them removed. They are/were very large and would tend to stick out after a BM requiring me to manually push them back into place after almost every visit to the bathroom. This of course made me think they were hemorrhoids. Obviously I didn't self diagnose correctly as I was told during a colonoscopy that they were actually Hypertrophied Anal Papillae.

Anyway, upon talking to a colo-rectal doctor, he was able to get rid of them by using banding. I thought this was usually a treatment for hemorrhoids, but thought this was probably just as effective for the papillae. Low and behold, I had them banded yesterday, and today I am in major pain. The doctor prescribed hydrocodone, but that does little to nothing. I had to come home early from work as it was extremely difficult to sit or even stand. I had a 45 minute drive home which was probably the most painful experience I've ever had.

I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and if there is a light at the end of the tunnel? Is banding typically the way to go for papillae? How long did it take for them to die and fall off? Any help would be greatly appreciated! So far, the only thing that has provided at least a little comfort was doing a sitz bath. But at this rate, I feel like I should just spend the next 24 hours in the tub!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
anal, hypertrophy, pain, papillae, removal