It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
(female)

kane12 HB User
Unhappy Ridiculous amount of gas and other fun stuff

Hi. This is gonna be gross but here goes. So for the past year i wake up every morning between 4 and 5 am with terrible lower abdomen and back pain. Getting out of bed and passing gas used to relieve it. Ive had issues with bowel movements, periods of constipation, then diahrrea and just mucous for days. all this turmoil has swollen my insides so much. Now I can't seem to pass gas without having to manually release it, same with poop. I had diarrhea for three weeks straight but even that didn't exit on its own. So two days ago I was so full of gas I couldn't take it. My chiro told me to get on my knees and lay on my shoulders, so my bum is in the air and massage the air out of my colon. After about thirty minutes it was like someone put a fan in my butt. The air kept coming and each time it was like a balloon releasing all its contents. Over two hours I'd equate it to 20-30 ballons worth. Two days for two hours straight each day. My question is- how can a person (and I'm fairly small) hold that much air? And is it possible all that gas has been making me dizzy and nauseous for weeks? My rectum is so swollen from straining and it now feels like the muscles aren't working on their own. Anyone have similar exp? I'm taking gas x, peppermint oil, probiotics and digestive enzymes. Dr put me on linzess- worst medication ever. What in the world is causing this gas? It doesn't smell it's just air. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, adrenal function tests, cat scan, all kinds of blood work. Is this seriously just ibs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
(female)

boodle2 HB Userboodle2 HB User
Re: Ridiculous amount of gas and other fun stuff

I have the exact same thing , but I was diagnosed with small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, and it is not FUN! so if you haven't already go to gastro doctor and do a breath test. Susan

Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
(female)

hopefloats36 HB Userhopefloats36 HB User

Has your GI doctor ordered breath testing for SIBO Small Intestional Bacterial Overgrowth, Fructose Malabsoption and Lactose Intolerance? It made all the difference in the world for me to get the right diagnosis and treatment. I'm on the Low FODMAP diet now and am much better. Best wishes.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

In addition to the previously mentioned possibilities, gluten and/or milk allergies (different than lactose intolerance) can also cause lots of gas, bloating and constipation.

Reply Reply

Tags
abdominal pain, gas bloating, gas with mucous