It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #1
(female)

Challenger1979 HB User
Bowel troubles for 20+ years..

Hi everyone.

I am a 33 yo married mother of three suffering bowel issues for the last 20 yrs.

The last 6 yrs I've had 2 colonoscopies and they've removed polyps each time. Thankfully I've been cancer free. For the last 10 yrs they've told me I have IBS. It's been over a yr since last checkup. I've been having major issues for at least the last 6 months. These are new symptoms I've been having.
I've had diarrhea and constipation; more loose stools than not. If I do have solid stool, they are thin/flat, shirred and looks like there are black spots in it. Is this dry/old blood?
I have bright red blood in the toilet... on the tissue ...looks like its mixed in the stool and on the stool at times. This isn't noticeable with every bm. It sometimes looks like I'm on my period when I'm finished.† I'm bloated and very gassy everyday. I've been crampy with abdominal pain and having sharp pains that stop me in my tracks. My weight fluctuates. I've gained 20lbs over the last few months. Which is crazy, since I barely eat and I'm getting sick all the time. I'm constantly nauseous, I vomit often. Sometimes I vomit while I'm having a bm because its all so intense. I have lost my appetite. I've been running a low grade fever to 101.5 and I get overheated and chills back n forth. I feel ill all the time and I'm so tired. I feel miserable.

I just had a sigmoidoscopy the 16th of Jan. He said things look ok. He did take a few biopsies though. Normally he finds the polyps further up though? If everything's ok, why take biopsies? He told me not to worry right now. He confirmed there are no fissures and my hemorrhoids aren't the culprit.

I'm not crazy or a hypochondriac. My husband, daughter and my mother have all seen the evidence. I believe this is more than IBS!! I want answers and I think he needs to investigate further.
I already have my follow up set.

FYI...my mom was 38 with her first battle with the big C. She has won 3 rounds. I have lost an aunt though. Hopefully you can understand why I'm so worried.

Thank you for listening I look forward to any feedback you may have.

Last edited by Challenger1979; 01-18-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply