It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
(male)

Spikeball HB User
Stomach Tension and Nausea

Hi.

For quite a while now (at least a year), I've been having mild to severe stomach tension nearly everytime I have a meal (normally when I'm not very hungry). Nausea sometimes accompanies this, and I have to take a break from eating before I can finish the meal. Also, since September last year, I have been having severe nausea in the first period of school. With the nausea, I would usually feel like there is something in my oesophagus and I would always feel the need to burp and pass gas (I never burp though, but I do pass gas), and I also have the need to defecate. Normally, I never get the chance to do this because I'm in the middle of lessons, but if I do, the nausea goes away almost immediately after defecating. This pattern has been going on for years now. I would have nausea then the need to defecate then the nausea would go away. I've performed numerous tests, most of these a long time ago, an ultrasound scan, I've tried a gluten free diet, changing my breakfasts. It hasn't shown anything. I'd really like to know what's been causing this. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Stomach Tension and Nausea

Maybe you need to try to move your bowels before you leave for school. Most people move their bowels 20-30 minutes after eating a meal.
Feeling like you have something stuck in your throat and being nauseated could be possibly acid reflux. have you ever tried taking antiacid 30 minutes before you eat ? This might help .

Last edited by Administrator; 03-06-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
(male)

Spikeball HB User
Re: Stomach Tension and Nausea

I do have an antiacid medicine (Pzotifen) that was prescribed to me a while ago, and I will try to take that regularly again now to see if that works. Thanks.

Reply Reply