It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
(male)

siler HB User
Trouble with BM. Only passing mucus

To start, I am a 38 year old male. I have never had any issue with passing bowl movements until earlier this evening, and nothing changed with my diet or lifestyle in the past few days.

Earlier this evening (about 8:00 PM), I was drinking some coffee and doing some work from home when I felt a sudden urge to go poop (this is not abnormal). However, when I went to go, I was unable to. It did not feel like a large or hard stool that could not pass (although I am not a doctor). Instead, it felt like there was some sort of blockage or some kind of involuntary muscle/nerve issue causing the problem. After trying to go for about an hour and severe cramping, I finally got some diarrhea to come out. After that, I felt a little better but still like I had to go, so I ate some high fiber foods and tried to relax a little. An hour later, I felt the urge to go poop again. This time, all that came out was some mucus with blood in it (I never had this happen to me before).

Since then, my stomach has been grumbling a lot and I have not been able to sleep (partially because it is uncomfortable and partially because I am wondering what the heck is going on and what I am going to do at work tomorrow if this persists).

One last thing to mention is that the few times I was able to get something out (the diarrhea and the mucus), I was in a semi-standing position over the toilet. Not sure if that was just something psychological, a coincidence, or if it actually indicates anything. However, when I actually sit down, I just feel cramps, but am not able to go at all. Standing up some is awkward, but seems to help at least get something to come out.

Sorry for all the nasty details, but i wanted to provide as much info as possible in hopes of getting some good responses of what i should do to try to resolve this. It is a horrible horrible feeling. Thanks in advance to anybody who responds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply