It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

VR8877 HB User
Bowel/Digestive issues... complete misery.

Hello,

I am a girl with about 15 years worth of health issues. The thing I have been battling with the last 6 or 7 years has been a major bowel/digestive health issue that has been imprisoning me in my own home most days and has been having complete control over my body and when I am allowed to be free from this and able to actually do something in my day.

I deal with extreme constipation...sometimes diarrhea on a really bad day and I am usually in the bathroom from 5-10 hrs...and if its a really bad day...I could be in there a full 24 hrs (which very rarely happens) or however long it takes for my body to stop being so irritated and to just finally let me alone.

When this problem first started, years ago, it only took maybe 1-3 hrs in the bathroom...and at that point...I thought it was horrible, but let me tell you, I would give anything to trade 1-3hrs in the bathroom over dealing with 5-10hrs or longer. I would even trade having an exact time frame of being in there so that I knew how to schedule my day, but it doesn't work that way.

I have tried so many different things to help ease my pain and symptoms...to be honest I am not in much pain...just completely agony and misery most of the time and with it taking up most of my day...losing that time to be able to accomplish something, go after my dreams or spend time with people I love...that provides the most pain in my heart.

My symptoms are confusing to me. I would say its constipation, but I am usually using the bathroom every 5 mins to an hour depending. Is that really considered to be constipation if I am able to use the restroom, even though it may take me all day? I feel like there is a lot of waste and I often wonder where it all comes from because I literally only have time to eat a meal a day and then I will snack on food beforehand or after. I get bloated and usually have a full feeling for quite a while after meals. I am also quite tired and unable to do a lot. I try to give my body lots of rest because it aches from hours of dealing with this health issue. Ive gone to the doctor before and have been told that it "sounded like" I had IBS and that symptoms dont worsen but that it can be treated, but here time has passed since then and my symptoms have indeed worsened...a lot.

Its incredibly hard to make it to almost anything. I literally have to starve myself the day before I have someplace to be, to even have a "chance" at making it...sometimes that doesn't even work and I rarely even get an hour to get myself ready for anything. I swear my body just knows when I have to be someplace and just picks that day to be the most difficult. Its very frustrating!

Because of all of this, I can't even work and its made my life so much harder. I am always afraid of ending up on the streets because A. I can't live with anyone other then my husband with this health issue, because nobody will understand completely and I will just be ruining their lives by taking up their bathroom and it will also be tearing me up more inside B.This economy is not the greatest and my husband is having a hard time with getting a great job and we are having to be helped my family and its just driving me nuts but I don't know what else to do! I would work two jobs if I could but this issue is so unpredictable...some days are ok and some days are very very bad!

Like I said, I have been to the doctor before, but I have got to start going more consistently because I have had it with all of this, but a big part of me is afraid of what they will find and that nothing will ever get better but always get worse. I just need to know if anyone on here has dealt with this same type of issue and if you got diagnosed? or what you did to cure it or make your life easier? I have been doing lots of research because I will be going to the doctor again soon, but I really want to know what to ask them to check for because I am terrified of a million tests, because I have been through enough torment already and I just want this all gone.

Anyways...I know this is really long, but thank you if you have taken the time to read and I would appreciate any response and anyone that can relate or help me. I am so desperate and ready to have my life back again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply